Empire State shooting

ABOMB177

Reaction score
Mr Johnson's (shooter) .45-caliber weapon held seven rounds, they said. He fired five times at Mr Ercolino (his boss), one round was still in the gun and one was ejected when officers secured it, authorities said. At least nine others suffered gunshot wounds in the mayhem that ensued........ (from the NYtimes)

So this guy shoots his boss points his gun at cops in the street then the cops end up shooting random people in the crossfire. Shitty situation. This world is messed up.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mr Johnson's (shooter) .45-caliber weapon held seven rounds, they said. He fired five times at Mr Ercolino (his boss), one round was still in the gun and one was ejected when officers secured it, authorities said. At least nine others suffered gunshot wounds in the mayhem that ensued........ (from the NYtimes)

So this guy shoots his boss points his gun at cops in the street then the cops end up shooting random people in the crossfire. Shitty situation. This world is messed up.

sad world we live in. way to many lunatics, recommend euthanasia

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pistols are very inaccurate weapons that are really only for near point blank range, they are portrayed very poorly in the action movies. Police officers despite their " training " are just like you and me, when the bullets start flying all bets are off. They probably had their eyes shut!!!:nono:

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pistols are very inaccurate weapons that are really only for near point blank range, they are portrayed very poorly in the action movies. Police officers despite their " training " are just like you and me, when the bullets start flying all bets are off. They probably had their eyes shut!!!:nono:

Actually pistols can be very accurate in the right hands. I have a set of those hands and I'm a green horn.

jdawgtherigpig

Reaction score
my buddy is a retired cop and has been in one shoot out. said when he was shooting he got tunnel vision. fired 6 times and hit his target once.
but yet he said when training he could hit dead center all day.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my buddy is a retired cop and has been in one shoot out. said when he was shooting he got tunnel vision. fired 6 times and hit his target once.
but yet he said when training he could hit dead center all day.

Yah I'm sure its easier to shoot a target at your leisure as opposed to shooting at someone before they shoot back. Lol.

Andoo

Respected Military Member
Reaction score
I thought these days that cops carried an M4 carbine(or similar) and in my experience is deadly accurate to 300m. Why use a pistol(horribly inaccurate in most peoples hands) when you can move the fly on his nose to the back of his head with the M4? Merica!

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought these days that cops carried an M4 carbine(or similar) and in my experience is deadly accurate to 300m. Why use a pistol(horribly inaccurate in most peoples hands) when you can move the fly on his nose to the back of his head with the M4? Merica!

Agreed about the m4 accuracy and lethality, but the average beat cop has his side arm or a shotgun......shotgun might have been a better choice in this case though.....or better trigger control/restraint

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most cops are not gun enthusiasts, even more so in NY as they have very strict gun laws. Many will only shoot enough rounds to "qualify" and then not shoot again for another year or whatever term is mandated. No question that most recreational shooters are far better marksmen than police.

At any rate glad the collateral damage wasn't worse.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually pistols can be very accurate in the right hands. I have a set of those hands and I'm a green horn.

on a rest at the range... sure... looking down a barrel of a .45 unless your a trained killer... or special opps and have lived through at least a handful of such events... I doubt anyone is that good... at close range shooting becomes instinctive not accurate... if you are... sorry im just saying...

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed about the m4 accuracy and lethality, but the average beat cop has his side arm or a shotgun......shotgun might have been a better choice in this case though.....or better trigger control/restraint

a shotgun on a crowded street... your hunting a guy... probably don't have the best idea what he looks like... ur in uniform therefore no suprise and wham so dude who just murdered someone with a gun capable of going through your "bullet proff vest" flashes his .45... i bet trigger control and ass pucker control are all gone... glad they had to do that job and not me... nothing like 15 .30 calibre pellets scattering down a public side walk in new york! there are so many unknown... what is knows is they risked their lives to go after this idiot... to bad they didn't get to publicly hang him! that would sure put a stop to a lot of these shooting... these sick-o's would think twice...

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wife and my oldest daughter went to New York last winter with the dance school and couldn't wrap their heads around the number of people on the streets there all the time!Sounds like 9 people getting wounded in a gun fight is pretty lucky to say the least!It could have been a lot worse!Maybe the cops got a dose of 'buck fever'!Everyone I know including myself have had that happen before!At least that douche isn't going to tie up the courts and live out his life because he went temporarily insane!Maybe if the rc's up here would have shot the 'Greyhound Cannibal' he would be living his life out either!Just saying!!

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya... I always think about that... how about that F*** in Europe who killed the 77 kids... or Cliford Robert Olsen... words can not describe how much I wished someone in jail would have killed him... he cost the tax payer over 100k per year to house in protective custoby... no one gave his children victims protective custody...i say bring back the death penalty and let God sort them out... couldnt imagine my life if anyone hurt my kids... enough said!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was reading on the news the 9 people who were wounded were hit by bullet fragments, the police where using hollow point amo. it will splatter to kingdom come when it hits something solid. so i guess the police didn't miss their target as such. full metal jacket amo they figure will do more collateral damage as they will pass right through and get the next one in line. so maybe ya may want to think twice before taking on the police. tough to out shoot radios. and the tactical squad when they show up.

seems to be a need for physiological assessment before weapon purchases. way more appropriate crime punishment for weapon offenses,

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seems to be a need for physiological assessment before weapon purchases. way more appropriate crime punishment for weapon offenses,[/QUOTE]

now I like that idea... don't register or ban my guns... do a physic ass... guns don't kill the shooter does... leave a gun on counter it aint gonna hurt anyone till some idiot picks it up... take the gun away... same said idiot will find something else...

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guy purchased his pistol legally in '91. Maybe annual screening? Or better yet monthly? Weekly perhaps?
Crazy people do crazy stuff and there is no way of telling.

Top Bottom