Embarassing wipe outs!

scareybanshee

Reaction score
FINALLY got to try out my new giovanni 125cc. YEAH!!!. I rode it in a feild ALL DAY without wiping out once.
My hubby was impressed...as it was my first time actually riding it past second gear.....I was impressed.
Then on the trip home......I'm saying, "I didn't wipe out once" all proud like:p

My parents were babysitting for us...and when we pulled up, I got really exited for them to see me ride AND for my kids to see me:. (I'm 27 and yes, I wanted to show off to them...don't make fun:nono:). So I go to ride the bike from the front yard, to the back, my parents lookin on, and I bite it.....HARD....almost into a tree!!.
I could NOT stop laughing at myself.
My first wipe out!!!! and yes, I still want to ride!!

Anyone have any funny wipe out stories....funny...not painfull!(I don't need to be discouraged at this point...lol), tell me I'm not the only one to make an ass out of myself!...lol.:eek:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any funny wipe out stories....funny...not painfull!(I don't need to be discouraged at this point...lol), tell me I'm not the only one to make an ass out of myself!...lol.:eek:
yep....most of my friends that ride bikes are on Harleys. I had an XR650L and would ride with them on the biker poker runs around the Peace country. when everyone was leaving the staging area which was the arena in Peace River, I decided to pull a wheelie to show off.....when I shifted into 4th gear too soon, I looped it out on the street right beside the soccer field where there happened to be a game in progress. so I'm sliding down the street, there is about 30 kids along with some parents, as well as 30 or 40 bikers, all watching me trying to keep my bike from sliding into the vehicles parked on the street as we flopped around like 2 trout out of water. embarassment factor was high, and I got the hell outta Dodge with a hole in the back of my jeans and some road rash on my Joe Rocket jacket.....that was 5 years ago and I still get teased about it.....:(

that is the most embarassing one I can think of, there has been lots....:D

have fun on your bike, wear the proper safety gear and you will always be able to laugh later.

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
that showing off thing seems to happen to me as well. when i was 14 and got my first dirtbike i was showing off the new bike to my friends.of course i had to wheelie. well over i go and skidded on my ass about 10 feet. little roadrash and some broken plastic, lots of laughs.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ya, Bit Me Too Once... Just Out Of High School And Living With A Bunch Of Guys In A House, We Had A Nice Green Belt Just Across The Street..... I Brought Home My Brand New Yz400 Yammy And Thought I'd Go For A Little Rip On The Green Belt.... First Gear Easy, 2nd No Problemo, 3rd Too Easy, Thought I'd Open It Up In 4th, And Well It Wheelied And Kicked Me On My Butt, Hard, And The Bike Skooted Across The Field For Quite A Ways On Its Back Tire And Back Fender, Before It Landed And Came To A Nice Soft Stop And Fell Over..... No Damage Except To My Pride, As All The Guys Were Having Beers On The Front Lawn, Watching.........

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[YOUTUBE]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=fNin0ATI6Zg[/YOUTUBE]

Never seen anything embarrassing :beerchug:

Last edited by a moderator:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That was funny!! I have a story but it involved my brother not me. When we were kids his first day riding the honda 50 he was 10years old. My dad and I are getting him all set up to ride for the first time. My dad tells him just to put it in first and go to the quonset, then turn around and come back. Easier said then done Mark puts it in gear gives it some gas then panic's he crank's the throttle wide open. He doesn't turn brake or anything, we had a 3 rail fence around our yard. Well he misses all the trees, the tire takes out the bottom rail, the handle bars take out the middle rail, and yep you guessed it the top rail takes off his head......Dad and I were laughing to hard even lift the bike back up, which ended up in the ditch on the other side of the gravel road!!...where's the camera when you need, we would be 10,000 richer!!:D

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the cabin at Clemina a couple of years ago with Lucm and brew_doo. I went to back up (first time riding my new sled with reverse) to get out of someones way. Like an idiot, Im standing, give her the gas, fall forward onto the throttle and hit Luc's sled hard in the tunnel. Fortunately his leg wasn't there.....no damage to either machine, lots of :eek::eek:WTF? and laughter at me.:D:D

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I was in junior high I had a '79 can-am interceptor 250 dirt bike. It had the nick name of "old ugly" cause it had the dual shocks on the back and the kick start was on the left side of the bike. Spring riding was great when the snow banks were still hard enough to travel across late in the morning. About 4 of us had left my parents yard ripin down the lane way and I figured I would just pop a wheelie and cut across the ditch and at that time it was still full of snow level to the road way with a good hard crust. Things were going great till about half way across the ditch and the front tire came down breaking through the crust. Bike stopped dead and I was doing a dutch cartwheel over the handle bars. Laughing stock for the rest of the day..... Old Ugly and I have a few wipe out stories

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I had a similar one to summiteer only it was on a quad. We had just pulled into a campsite, set up camp then I backed my quad off my trailer and left it idling to warm up a little. While we were gearing up for the ride, a couple of hotties came over to our site and started chatin us up a little :cool: When it was time to take off my buddy pulls a catwalk and tears off. I thought I'd one up him in front of the gals so I jumped on my quad and pulled on the handle bars and PINNED IT!! The only problem was my Quad was still in reverse with the limiter disabled :eek: :dunno: I went flying over the front end of that quad so quick I didn't even know what hit me. Oh and the gals were :ha_ha:

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This story may be better told by mrscouleeman :D:D:D

lol, Never cried due to injury..... only after....wait this is a pg 13 site.......

The shoulder incident (stupidty on my part) was me screwing around and trying to do donuts to fast. Tires griped, quad fliped, bent the racks on all 4 corners, bent the bars down, cracked the fender, and sent me flying, then sliding about 30' from the quad.... The thing was the second time out on the new one in january...shoulder is still buggered, but it don't slow me down...:shots:

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
my duaghter had an embarrassing wipeout yesterday on her mini quad. rolled it onto herself. hit throttle instead of brakes and hit the steep ditch. she wasnt hurt though. no damages to the machine either. alot of tears, so dont feel bad couleeman, she cries too. lol.

Reaction score
I had a friend years ago who had the worst of luck. We used to ride around Twin Bridges (remember that place you old coots like me?) going across the stream. We always used the same approach, but one time we went across a different spot. Bruce was in the lead and he was just screaming across the water when all of a sudden he and the bike were gone. He managed to find a pool that was almost 10 feet deep. He wouldn't let go of the bike and I had to jump in and grab the idiot. He was wearing the old style fullface Bell helmet and he was drowning in his helmet. I thought I was going to pee myself laughing. It took us an hour to get some rope, dive down to the bike in our underwear,tie it up and bring it to the surface. But what a bullet proof bike. It was one of the first bikes 175's Yamaha made with the plastic fuel tank. We drained the oil and changed it, put a new plug in, and she started first time and he never did have any problems with it.

Top Bottom