Eliminating/Adjusting engine braking on 09 FX Nytro XTX

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone knew how to eliminate or tone down the engine braking on the 09 FX Nytro XTX? It is really driving me nuts!!! Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks:beer:

nytrobrad

Reaction score
Can't help you out with eliminating it, but I say give it a chance. Once you get use to it you can't ride without it.

W

woodies

some of that braking is the skies, consider simmons gen 2's. i love them floatation and control!!

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
believe it or not the engine braking is already reduced. if you ever get the chance to ride a 07 phazer you will see how bad it can be. the engine braking reduction system was an 08 add on for most yammy 4 strokes which to me made quite the difference when i went from my 07 phazer to the 08 nytro. trust me the engine braking you notice is rather mild. in time you will come to count on it seems to save me using the brakes most times. some of your iritation is mostl likely commin from the transition from 2 stroke to 4. its like goin from a bike to a unicycle but once u got it down its smooth sailin

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there actually might be some hope. when riding last weekend my throttle was stickin a lil bit and not fully realeasing. it did take on more of the characteristics if the two stroke coast and in my investigation into what was causing the problem it appears that the low speed is adjustable which would also give u some adjustment on how rapid the sled slows down, however with it being efi the injectors with try to compensate for the throttle body and it runs like ch!t when you take it to far. but if your hard up for a lil less you may wanna tinker with the throttle body set screw and see if u get the same results as my accidental discovery

Apex162

Reaction score
You have to learn to keep on the throttle even when your slowing down.:)

Top Bottom