elevation guage?

dmac101

Reaction score
does the elevation gauge stay at a certain point until break in is over? for some reason my guase says 1500 elevation and doesn't move from their i know that is the elevation I'm at but why is it stuck at 1500? doesn't move at all??

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
does the elevation gauge stay at a certain point until break in is over? for some reason my guase says 1500 elevation and doesn't move from their i know that is the elevation I'm at but why is it stuck at 1500? doesn't move at all??

maybe cause you are a "flatlander"………….hahahahaha

Mine works just fine!

:danceMsn:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL no it doesn't stay at a certain number. Mine went from 1300m to 2200m yesterday.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Most elevation gauges only read 10-20m at a time. So you'll have to find a big hill or valley so see a change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boobage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think it only works in 100M increments. So in Sask thats probably all you'll ever see.
Try switching it to imperial measurements maybe, I'd think it works in 100ft increments.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this guy has a legit complaint, mine when i brought it home from dealer was bang on at 2200', i unplugged it and took my hood off then reassembled it and now it only reads 1500' also... i have ridden it many times at home which is 2200' but it is not calibrating to the correct elevation either now?? must be a reset mode or something..

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys Do know they're barometric altimeters....right? They'll change with the weather. Don't expect them to be bang on all the time.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I talked to a tech. Here is what may be happening. When you remove the cab assembly at PDI or for service reasons there is a small hose that can come unattached. It is on the RH side of the cab and hooks up to a small black nipple on the ECU unit. This a barometric sensor hose that gives information to the ECU for readings such as elevation change. This is probably the culprit. Check that and let us know what you find out.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I talked to a tech. Here is what may be happening. When you remove the cab assembly at PDI or for service reasons there is a small hose that can come unattached. It is on the RH side of the cab and hooks up to a small black nipple on the ECU unit. This a barometric sensor hose that gives information to the ECU for readings such as elevation change. This is probably the culprit. Check that and let us know what you find out.

nope thats not it a am aware of the hose when i removed and reassembled the hood, thanks for your help, anyone else?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
nope thats not it a am aware of the hose when i removed and reassembled the hood, thanks for your help, anyone else?

This may be a long shot but are one of the pins bent in the electrical connection? The oval connector that has about 16 pins in it caused me a little grief the first time I put the hood back on. I since figured an easier way to doo it
and no problems now.

I had 3 pins out of alignment and the gauges were not cute. As I said, "just a long shot"…..

Top Bottom