Electrical Problem with '07 M8

JustPinItFoxxy

Reaction score
Hey guys, so every once in a while my '07 M8 tends to lose all power/lights on the tach and the headlights dim so much I can't ride, most noticeably at night! She usually only does this for 10-60 seconds but it's going to get me into trouble.. Letting off the throttle doesn't help.
Has anyone else had this problem? If so, any tips?
Cheers eh! :d

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a short or pinched wires under the hood. Check all the wire connections. Do you know if the tail light cuts out also?

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just one more question for you, have you had a belt explode? I blew one up and some of the belt damaged the wirind around the diamond drive selenoid causing me some wiring problems, changed the selenoid problem solved. M8 wouldn't stop beeping until changed the selenoid out. Hope some of this can help you out.

JustPinItFoxxy

Reaction score
I don't know forsure if my tail light cuts out... but thanx for the tips on checking wires. Also, Ive never had a belt blow, yet lol.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When it does this...are your handwarmers on? If so, shut them off and see if that makes a difference.
This happened to my son's FireCat a couple of weeks ago....lights went dim, speedo would not work. Found out it was a short in one of the handwarmer's wiring. He shut the handwarmers off and every thing worked fine and at least we were able to ride that day. I replaced the one that was causing the short and everthing is great.
This may not be your issue but it is worth a try.
Good luck

JustPinItFoxxy

Reaction score
My handwarmers are deffinitely on when this happens so I will give that a shot to see if it helps! Thanx for the advice :beer:

JustPinItFoxxy

Reaction score
Turns out that the problem is the brains behind the beast, the electrical control unit.. :( $1900 or so.
Anyways just wanted to update the thread incase other people are having similar issues. :(

TTRC

Reaction score
You should take a look at buying a CCU. in the US. , a lot cheaper ! Had to replace the one in the wife's M6. you can pm me for details.

Top Bottom