electrical issue

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled Starts Great when cold, first or second pull every time, once it is warm, at idel it seems like there is a electrical issue, the gauges constantly spin the speedo and tach needles as if it were just started and once you hit the throttle you hear the 2 beeps from the DESS key. Also once it is warm it will never start first pull, always the second, even with throttle. Any one else seen this or have any Ideas:confused:. Oh it is a 2010 800, sled runs great, best I've ever rode, but would be nice if i could get it to start 1st pull. Thanks.

crowdoo

Reaction score
Sled Starts Great when cold, first or second pull every time, once it is warm, at idel it seems like there is a electrical issue, the gauges constantly spin the speedo and tach needles as if it were just started and once you hit the throttle you hear the 2 beeps from the DESS key. Also once it is warm it will never start first pull, always the second, even with throttle. Any one else seen this or have any Ideas:confused:. Oh it is a 2010 800, sled runs great, best I've ever rode, but would be nice if i could get it to start 1st pull. Thanks.
did you ever find the prob ? mine does same thing .

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what is it idling at? if the idle is to low it will tend to idle down which causes the loss of power to the cluster then the cluster will do its needle sweep once it gets power again. turn you idle up? or your pilot jets are plugged?

Ekim

Reaction score
I had the same issues with cluster on my 08 XP, slight adjustment on the idle level cleared the problem. I would agree with Dmf. Worth a try. If you figure out how to get these things started first pull, let everyone know. Several XP riders I ride with have to do the two pulls, it is common I believe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom