Electric avy bag

Thicketz

Reaction score
Was looking at the black diamond jet force technology was thinking how well it would be received in the snowmobile community what do you all think of an electric avy bag no more filling cylinders multi deployments for secondary slides what's all your opinions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used one last year, I like that you can test it without having to have replacement canisters. Pack size isn't the greatest, and they are pretty pricey!!

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been looking at them for over a yr now. Quality and reliability plus ease of use are big factors. The downfall will be the cost of replacing that lithium battery. Hopefully one more yr and the pricing will come down once again. $1500 is spendy!

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sold a couple of them last year. Guys were happy with them. If you want one send me a PM.

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just watched a video on the black diamond pack, those are pretty cool.

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it is an amazing idea. downfall is the price, but all it will take is a brand or two more to pick up the idea to create some pricing battles. We trust our beacon on batteries, and that is way more important than an avy bag i see no problems with it.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just can't go back to a pack after wearing my Snowpulse vest. If these guys go that way it'll be worth a look though.

PolarisHighlifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took a Avi coarse this weekend and they had on there and had a chance to play around with it.

Pros:
Not to heavy just about the same weight as a snow pulse, ABS, etc bags
Liked the way the bag comes out of the pack and the repacking there is no folding pattern etc just stuff it in.
Huge benafit from what I seen is it auto deflates after 3min of constant filling allowing a cavity if your barried in the snow. It could give you that little bit of extra room to breath.

Cons:
There was no back up in the event of a fan fail. Now there pretty new so maybe there will be something like that later. Only reason I would like to see a back up is becasue electronics can fail but a compressed cylinder back up would guarantee that the pack will go off in a situation.

Seems like the pack space inside was a bit more restricted then most

Thats about all i remember about it but overall I think that this pack is a great pack and good technology. I will be looking into getting one next year and will be keeping my eye on sales for one.

Hope this helps

Top Bottom