Elbow Loop

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has any rode the Loop yet??? It opened on the first of Jan. so I was wondering what the conditions were on it.

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is the Elbow Loop, and how was it when you went?

Taz...at the end of the day I decided to go to Cataract Creek....I decided the Loop might be iffy....I will call rangers this week and get the skinny

Elbow Loop is southwest of Mclean Creek...accessible from Sibbald snow vehicle area and Powderface Trail as well.....

check this out

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Checking to see if anyone has been on the elbow loop yet...???

I have heard some new snow this week(and by the reports) although mclean itself is looking pretty thin.....elbow loop is decent enough...??

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Checking to see if anyone has been on the elbow loop yet...???

I have heard some new snow this week(and by the reports) although mclean itself is looking pretty thin.....elbow loop is decent enough...??
We did it today and a lot of it was really good and a lot was really gravel. We road the Powderface down and it was a little of everything -- ice and gravel and some snow. It wasn't a bad ride and we did 112kms. but it sure needs SNOW just like everywhere else. One thing that bugged me was we were in Quad tracks at least half way around before they turned back. I didn't think they were allowed in there. After that we hit some virgin powder trails for a while before getting back to the gravel.

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did it today and a lot of it was really good and a lot was really gravel. We road the Powderface down and it was a little of everything -- ice and gravel and some snow. It wasn't a bad ride and we did 112kms. but it sure needs SNOW just like everywhere else. One thing that bugged me was we were in Quad tracks at least half way around before they turned back. I didn't think they were allowed in there. After that we hit some virgin powder trails for a while before getting back to the gravel.

Thanks for the info Wally...sounds like its do- able with some obvious hazards

Yes it bug's me too to see quad tracks on a snow only trail....especially elbow loop its kinda sacred....oh well....last time I was at Mclean the ranger told me the good sledding is on the Loop...cause the quad's dont get in there...:d

Did you ride powderface down from Sibbald..I take it....??????

Thanks Troy

Top Bottom