Egt's

POWSHREDDER69

Reaction score
What should the egt temps run at for a 06 600 cfr
installed a boondocker fuel controller, 1.5 timing key, bdx intake, speedwerx y-pipe and can.
and iam still having trouble getting 8000 rpm out of this thing 7700 is all it will do. i have had the clutches out numerous times, running 72 gr weights and a 46 helix. seems to be a little better when i tighten the secondaty spring. i am not an expert with clutching, but if i lighten the weights will that not increase the rpm's ?

anyone have a boondocker? what should i set it at ?
any help is appreciated:cool:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What should the egt temps run at for a 06 600 cfr
installed a boondocker fuel controller, 1.5 timing key, bdx intake, speedwerx y-pipe and can.
and iam still having trouble getting 8000 rpm out of this thing 7700 is all it will do. i have had the clutches out numerous times, running 72 gr weights and a 46 helix. seems to be a little better when i tighten the secondaty spring. i am not an expert with clutching, but if i lighten the weights will that not increase the rpm's ?

anyone have a boondocker? what should i set it at ?
any help is appreciated:cool:

Final RPM can be set by primary clutch finish spring rate as well. You can use lighter weights but your engagement will be raised unless you drop the spring engagement to compensate. If you added all those parts and you are not pulling the RPM with the same clutching as stock then something is not right. If this clutching was added after the power adders, then it might be a clutching issue.

46 degrees on the secondary, might be too much for it and it just pulls the RPM down and not shift all the way.
Was this the stock clutching specs?

Don't tune by EGT's, tune by plugs then correlate the plug readings to the EGT temp you see at that throttle position.

POWSHREDDER69

Reaction score
STOCK PRIMARY WAS 70gr weights and a yellow a/c spring, i have 72's in with a purple spring (speedwerx kit) i put it on before all this other stuff and the sled pulled good. 46 helix is stock, i have a 36 for the mountains. we are at 2900 ft here i have not tried the other helix here

went to revy last year and the sled ran perfect came home and it has never been the same, i ran 65 gr weights and the 36 helix there.

POWSHREDDER69

Reaction score
changed to a 36 helix added fuel with the boondocker at3/4 to open above 6800 rpm . now it seems to be boggy out of the hole and sometimes backfires/ injector error after idling for a bit when warmed up. still only getting 7800 rpm i need to play with the booondocker a bit more anyone have any good starting #'s for the boondocker:beer:

POWSHREDDER69

Reaction score
going to fernie in march, not sure of the altitudes never been there , i am not an expert. i will need less fuel in higher altitudes right:confused:

have a y-pipe, bdx intake and speedwerx can.... someone must know something. i can tune a deisel but i suck tuning sleds

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about dropping some weight again in the primary, I think you might be too heavy maybe.

Fernie elevations start about 3500 ft, so not too much higher than where you are.

Turbofreak

Reaction score
When it comes to egt temps...like modman said tune by plug color, make sure you got a tan brown color goin on. On your normally aspirated 6, 1100-1150 should be the norm. All cats have a lean spot in the mid-range that you can clear up with the control box...1300 however is mmmmmeeeeelllttttttdown.

Top Bottom