egt different in each cylinder

pinkpantherusmincus

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since installing rkt head, i am finding that i am running hotter in the right cylinder than the left. carbs are syncronised, what else could cause it? does anyone run say one 350 jet and one 360 jet in their carbs, or different settings of the c clip between each carb?

thanks

Pinky.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try a little fatter jet on the hot side.Almost all sleds are like that especially after any mods.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the distance of the probes from the piston skirts are critcal for temp readings (they should be the same)
compression should be the same on each cylinder
If you ever get the temp the same on both cylinders (go buy a loto ticket) they will allways be different , Oh pistons melt at 1400 degrees

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If 1200 is as high as it gets then no worries. I used to set my EGT to flash at 1300. It would get up to 1250 sometimes and I never suffered any burndowns. How is the piston wash when it runs at 1200?

sledrocs

Reaction score
The piston closest to the belt will get hotter because it works harder not a big deal keeper below 1250 and u will be good are travels

sledrs

Reaction score
Always had the mag side run hotter, when I had carbs, I always ran 1 jet size fatter on that side. even with fuel injection, PCV, Slp stage 2 kit, I still recall 1298 right, 1278 left. WOT is 1190 on both.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since installing rkt head, i am finding that i am running hotter in the right cylinder than the left. carbs are syncronised, what else could cause it? does anyone run say one 350 jet and one 360 jet in their carbs, or different settings of the c clip between each carb?

thanks

Pinky.

most sleds even from the factory run i size bigger on the mag side if you check the factory specs on them. being out 100 degrees max is minor it is very hard to get them exact, have to be synched just right, jetted just right, air/fuel screw just right....... probes exact same distance, bend in pipe before probe will affect.
you get the picture.

Top Bottom