Effect of running larger rollers

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious what is the effect in running 16.5mm primary rollers instead of 14.5mm which are factory. In my experience it should change the shift curve a bit, it won't add weight like the doo does cause they are in the cover, I know the clutch rattle got a bit less also. This is in a 15 viper boost it turbo.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a weird concept of the bigger the rollers the less belt force? Maybe at lower rpm or lower part of the shift but once your into it hard and almost at full shift out or direct drive as you want to call, it i cant see a difference, to me i think it would want to shift out harder or further at full boost or shift out??

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a weird concept of the bigger the rollers the less belt force? Maybe at lower rpm or lower part of the shift but once your into it hard and almost at full shift out or direct drive as you want to call, it i cant see a difference, to me i think it would want to shift out harder or further at full boost or shift out??

The larger roller will slightly lower your RPM's during engagement and throughout the entire range, thus putting a little more stress on your belt, more heat and a higher likely hood of belt slipage. As Climbmax already said.
Now if your a trail cruiser this setup might be a better option, under boost imo not so.
As for full shift, i doubt the bigger roller's will shift out any farther then the stock size roller's being that your optimal torque generated might not be achieved anymore for full shift.
Again imo the bigger roller's are better suited for trail cruiser's.

Top Bottom