Edmonton to Kimberley...camping in between?

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on a campsite or two to stay at in-between Edmonton and Kimberley. Looked into Redstreak already. Looks nice but busy.

Dragging a trailer and have one youg child, two big dogs along with myself and wifey. So some services would be nice.

Thanks

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on a campsite or two to stay at in-between Edmonton and Kimberley. Looked into Redstreak already. Looks nice but busy.

Thanks

What kind of camping are you looking for? Got kids?

We've stayed at Chinook Lake in the CNP and Koocanusa, south of Fernie.

A few others:

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you after a serviced site? Dragging a trailer or are you into some bush camping?

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could target the Golden area and then travel south down the valley from there. Nice through there.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Missed a few details....my bad. Post updated.

Koocanusa is nce indeed.

I thought the Golden route might be too busy this time of year...no?

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Missed a few details....my bad. Post updated.

Koocanusa is nce indeed.

I thought the Golden route might be too busy this time of year...no?

I hate driving the #1 in the summer, especially on the weekend, it fnutz with hooligans headed to Shuswap/okanagan. During the week isn't too bad. Lots of construction between Exshaw and Golden. You can turn south and take #93 to Radium. I would not go through Golden.

Driving Hwy 22 south is way nicer.

If you do head through Golden, I've heard good things about this place but have not stayed there:
RV Camping, Tent Camping with Rocky Mountain views near Golden, BC, Canada

We used to camp Fairmont Hot Springs every easter. Playground for the kidies and as much hook up as you could want (even cable & internet). Typical private campground though...wall to wall and no privacy.

There are quite a few PP (Priemier & White Swan) in the area and a few decent forestry sites as well (Whitetail), no hook ups at any of these sites.

I can't help much with hook-up camping...we only use hookups in the winter...and only if we have to.

l8r Shawn

Top Bottom