Edmonton Riders

CAN-DOO

Grampa Member
Reaction score
I am hoping to hear from some Edmonton mudders who could provide some directions and or general feedback from different quad trails in the 11/2 - 2 hr radius of Edmonton. The bunch of mudders I ride with and myself have found all the more local trails have dwindled to non existant and had only been messing around with these more because of conveniance. We currently are spending most or our fuel on the endless trails looking for mud holes out in Bruberhiem which is about an hour NE. I have heard of Whitecourt and Drayton Valley, not specifics just the locations and I would love to hear more if you can tell me, Hell let me know we'll set it up and you can show us, Its always fun to show off the home holes to the guys who wants to hit em all and havent a clue beyond yer saying so that " oh yeah, there..?....I've made it through lots of times. Here let me get a picture of you." (Sound familiar rknight?)

I

i-am-a-seagull

mud trails

The best place ive been in my life of quading was by far Em-Te-Town (ya its a wierd name) just kilometers of mud and then more mud. But sometimes the side trails to get by the huge mud holes were even worse than the actual trail! But its about a 2 1/2 hour drive, and nice place for camping

Last edited by a moderator:

CAN-DOO

Grampa Member
Reaction score
Sounds like my kind of place i-am-a-seagull. given that is a 21/2 hr ride though Im gonna save finding that hole till spring. thanks for the feed back...where about is Em-Te-Town? Anywhere near LOTS-A-MUD-HERE?

G

greg

i like going out by nordegg or bruel or edson lots muskeg . i have diretions if needed we have all winter to get ready for mud.

Lionel

Reaction score
Sounds like my kind of place i-am-a-seagull. given that is a 21/2 hr ride though Im gonna save finding that hole till spring. thanks for the feed back...where about is Em-Te-Town? Anywhere near LOTS-A-MUD-HERE?

Drive down to Draton Valley then take 22 towards Rocky. Turn left at the Alderflats trun off (which is just a bit south of Emttown). go past Alderflats to the end of the road more or less. I hear the owners of ewmttown are down on quadders . Check out outlawatvclub they have great info on all things quadding.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Drive down to Draton Valley then take 22 towards Rocky. Turn left at the Alderflats trun off (which is just a bit south of Emttown). go past Alderflats to the end of the road more or less. I hear the owners of ewmttown are down on quadders . Check out outlawatvclub they have great info on all things quadding.

One can head south on Hwy 22 from Drayton Valley toward Rocky Mtn House.No sure of the kms to go south on Hwy 22, But it is not very far & Big sign on the west side of Hwy.... Turn right (west) & follow gravel road into (about 10 kms).

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If you're going to DV Via Leduc you want to turn South at Alsyke(SP?). Don't go all the way to Drayton or you'll be pi$$ed and have to turn around.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vaga Sand Hills

Vega is a good place to ride lots of good sand hills to climb. And lots of big skag holes on the cutlines, the trails are not whooped out to bad like they are in bruderhime. And vega is just north of barrhead.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When are we ridin vega?? lets set up a weekend as poppajon's gettin the wiskey throttle itch!!!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When are we ridin vega?? lets set up a weekend as poppajon's gettin the wiskey throttle itch!!!

Been wanting to ride out there,If theres room let me know,I will come and tow you guys out of the mud! LOL!
catmando!

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vega

This was July 29th last year. The trails are definalty not as bad as bruderheim, but still have some pretty good whoops. We did see a group of quads and they were playin in the skag holes.

1. main trail
2.company F450
3.Big #@%$# hill
4.same as above

Attachments

• Vega trail.jpg
    Vega trail.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 349
  • Company truck F450.jpg
    Company truck F450.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 339
  • Big hill 1.jpg
    Big hill 1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 350
  • Big hill 2.jpg
    Big hill 2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 334

Lionel

Reaction score
Violet Grove trails are muddy they are between Drayton Valley and Lodgepole.
Last time I was out there it was an edventure just getting to the staging area mud mud and more mud

the Champ

Reaction score
Re: mud trails

Hey 'i-am-a-seagull'! Do a lot of people usually ride around the em-te-town area? Is it good for large groups?

The best place ive been in my life of quading was by far Em-Te-Town (ya its a wierd name) just kilometers of mud and then more mud. But sometimes the side trails to get by the huge mud holes were even worse than the actual trail! But its about a 2 1/2 hour drive, and nice place for camping

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Quite a few people ride around em-t-town. There is a large campground and a historic "ghost town" with a real cowboy saloon where you can have a few shots and some grits after the ride. There is also showers and hook ups. Its a fun place and its not far from Rose creek riding area aswell.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you like Mud riding, you have to go out to Robb and try the rally. It will more than satisfy your need for mud.

Top Bottom