Edmonton area XP warranty or updates:

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is comforting to hear. All I have heard about up to now is the 19 tooth switch for the 154. When Gibbons recommended the 20 tooth switch I was a little confused. I'm riding McBride this weekend so I'll know soon enough for myself I guess...

The guys at Gibbons are pretty good. The owner is my cousin. I was going to buy a sled from him, but I found out he doesn’t sell Polaris.:D:rolling:

Actually I’m looking at getting a new sled, and I think it will be a Doo. ;)

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very happy with my 19 tooth, actually I love it...but I never rode with the 20 tooth. MPH dropped to around 80 on the flat and hard. The only problem is that the 19 tooth should have came with a parachute for the ride back down the hill...It climbs and climbs and climbs.

I think it depends on what you want, I wasn't worried about top end speed, I wanted the low end grunt and mtn performance, I think the 20 tooth would be a good all around choice as well.

I ment track speed on a pull, Not the top end MPH I just care how fast the track is spinning up the steep and deep.

STALL

Reaction score
I have been told that there was a bad bunch of drive shafts out there. they told me it had somthing to so with the amount of sulfer in the metal when it was formed ??????( I don't know how much of that I believe) In any case they told me that even if the shaft gets welded it will still break according to BRP. I have 500 miles on my 154 and it has not broken but when looking at the shaft i can tell it is the fatal flaw on the whole machine. (I think at this point BRP may be attempting to put every one off as the 1 year waranty is going to start expiring on most of the 2008's now) that is just my thoughts on that...........

On a lighter note was sledding last week and I am so happy with thise 154. I can take it places and have no problems that I would never have dreamed when I was riding my 2002 ZX 151 800.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah i heard from brp that they did have a bad batch of driveshafts, that was caused by poor metal.. I also heard that they are going to give an extra year warranty on the XP driveshafts.. In the 154 sless that we have tested and set-up the 20tooth did work a fair bit better in the hills than the 19 did.. Also we now finally have the new V-Force reeds in stock for the Xp... From several guys that i have talked to now that have them on there machines thaey make a big difference.. One guy does alot of 660ft testing with his sleds.. And in back to back runs with stock reeds then V-Force he picked up 5mph with new reeds.. That was calculated with a gps... Thats pretty good in my opinion for a set of reeds.. And the throttle response which wasnt bad before at all, is even better with more bottom end grunt and acceleration it feels like, seat of the pants anyway.. Just my two cents..

V-Force reeds for XP800 In stock at specialty sleds now, and selling fast...

Last edited:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes we do.. And they are in stock. But i cant remember for sure the price. Call specialtysleds at (780)451-1130 on monday morning..

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guys at Gibbons are pretty good. The owner is my cousin. I was going to buy a sled from him, but I found out he doesn’t sell Polaris.:D:rolling:

Actually I’m looking at getting a new sled, and I think it will be a Doo. ;)

Tim is your COUSIN:eek:

Quakes

Reaction score
went to 19 tooth , works real good ,no over heating you can take pull after pull and no execive heat

Top Bottom