Edmonton Area Used Car Dealers

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I am looking to buy my first car like some of you may have seen in the other thread.
Now, I have looked on the Auto Trader at ALOT of Cars. However, there are some prices that look too good to be true.

Does anyone have a used Car Dealer that they recommend in the Edmonton area ??

I don't want to go buy a car and find out the salesmen screwed me over and the car was one of those written off re-builds, or has something wrong with it. (This happened with my quad. We bought it for what we thought was a steal of a price.. then the electrical went a month later. Apparently the dealer did a quick patch job to make it work for a quick sell :rant: )

Better yet, are there any supporting vendors of Snow and Mud that are used car dealers?

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Stay away from the Corner lots, We have some supporting vendors that are dealers in Whitecourt I do believe if you don't want to drive all the way to edmonton. I bought my truck at Mayfield Toyota, and had good service from them, next one though I will buy from a brand specific dealer ie ford from a ford dealer, not a ford from a toyota dealer

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get any used vehicle inspected before you buy it, by another shop, preferably by the AMA. You can't trust anybody in the car sales game. I have seen 2007's that have been written off. One thing you can check yourself, is to look at the bottom of the rocker panels. If you see "file" marks from where it has been clamped onto a frame rack, steer clear of it. Good luck.

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
the small lots are okay, you just have to know how to deal with them. really work them on price as they are getting them from auction and paid nowhere near what they are selling them for. as well make sure to get it inspected prior to buying it. they have to fix certain things. government approved inspection places will let you know what needs to be done. and they really dont like having alberta transportation on their butts. or you can do what they do. go to an auction, check out what interests you and bid on them knowing you will have to do some repairs. kind of a crap shoot but you can get a decent deal if you know what your looking at. i myself would take a mechanic to look over the cars/trucks before bidding.

SnowBunny25

Reaction score
You can also get a vehicle report from a registry office that will tell you if the vehicle has ever been written off.

700WFO

Reaction score
Best advice? Research, research, research, and when you get tired of it all, try word of mouth from a family member or friend.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
If You Ever Need An Honest Opinion About A Vehicle Or Any Other Question.... I've Been A Licensed Auto Tech For Almost 30 Years Now, And Presently Run A Very Busy Service Center ... Pm Or E-mail Or Even Call Me.... I'm Full Of Opinions, And Am Always Glad To Answer Any Vehicle Questions.;)

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If You Ever Need An Honest Opinion About A Vehicle Or Any Other Question.... I've Been A Licensed Auto Tech For Almost 30 Years Now, And Presently Run A Very Busy Service Center ... Pm Or E-mail Or Even Call Me.... I'm Full Of Opinions, And Am Always Glad To Answer Any Vehicle Questions.;)

Whoa, you're OLD!:D:D:D

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I'd never buy a vehicle without having Ric look it over first. Bought a Intrepid a few years ago (50,000 km) from a reputable dealer in the city. Had passed their inspection but I thought I would have Ric check it over anyway. Saved me about $1500.00 in repairs that the dealer paid for and didn't show up on their inspection reports.

Thanks Buddy.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I'd never buy a vehicle without having Ric look it over first. Bought a Intrepid a few years ago (50,000 km) from a reputable dealer in the city. Had passed their inspection but I thought I would have Ric check it over anyway. Saved me about $1500.00 in repairs that the dealer paid for and didn't show up on their inspection reports.

Thanks Buddy.

GWARSH, I'M BUSHIN'......:eek:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Well, what can I say...your a good mechanic...but for crying out loud...that blushing looks really bad.

Cheerz.

GWARSH, I'M BUSHIN'......:eek:

Attachments

• RicButtUglyJPG copy_2.JPG
    RicButtUglyJPG copy_2.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 59

sharoosunidhi

Reaction score
Hi,
i am newly join in this site.This is very useful to others.Many company leaders and managers have their own interpretation of how they want their brand to be portrayed and ostensibly perceived online. A luxury second hand car dealer, for example, may only want to include the words ‘pre-owned automobiles’ on their web site, and not ‘used cars’. The fact that thousands of people are searching for a used car, and very few are searching for a preowned automobile needs to be communicated.

==================================

sharoo

New Cars

Top Bottom