editing posts

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yes, the edit post is kind of funny and not a heehaw funny! More of a WTF funny!

Hypothetically, if I post something in the morning, go to work or leave the computer for a the day and return to find that my post from the morning wasn't
what I really wanted to say, or had a bad grammatical error in it, or the wrong attachment, or was insulting, or whatever and I can't edit the error because of a time limit doesn't make any sense.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh now ya tell me fernie. i usually have to change my posts, as i have know idea what was posted. i forget easy. hehe

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I found a setting has changed when I did the update. I've changed it to one day from one hour on posts. let me know if it's working.
Alot of settings went back to default.

What happens if you set it to "0" does that make it so the poster can edit it forever, or does it make it that you can never edit?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Well FS finally shut up about the edit thing..... He's either satisfied or dead....

I'm neither! Hard for us ol' guys to go away quietly, eh!

I just found it strange that as one goes along with a classified (starting high and expecting to drop the price a few times), there should be a way to edit the initial post in the thread. Only being able to edit for a certain period of time didn't make any sense. But what doo I know..........

PS thanks for checking into it Ron!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same question here. Would be nice to be able to edit original post in classifieds. Trying to dump price down after a week....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ron i dont think thats going to work. for example i have an ongoing forsale thread....impossible to make it work...cant mark items sold...cant add items..etc...gets to plugged up.

Top Bottom