Eddy's small engine repair

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I stumbled upon an ad on Kijiji about 2 years ago, was a guy adveratising small engine repair and my little outboard was causing me major grief.
I had called some of the larger marine places and given the fact that my motor was a 1969 Johnson sea-horse they all told me they would not touch it and just to buy a new one..... as well even if they would have it would have been a 2 week minimum turn around and a huge bill....
I called Eddy, he told me to bring it in, I did and left it with him. 4 hours later I get a call Motor is ready... cleaned carbs, new plugs, new fuel lines and some sort of a pump (I know nothing about outboards) $120.....:eek:
Went to pick it up, damn thing wouldn't start Eddy was at a loss for words worked fine less than an hour ago.....

Long story short, after HOURS of diagnosing and called in help from a licenced marine mechanic turns out the circuit board was fried... hunted down a new board installed.... 2 days from initial drop off the motor was done and my bill......$360 (including the initial 120) I would not expect him to spend 14 man hours + parts cost and charge $360 for everyone, but most cases would not be as extreme as mine was....

Anyway long and short is.... Eddy is a stand up more than fair small business owner who works on anything small engine.... he prefers the minor stuff and likes to avoid pulling motors, but will if it is required... Anyone needing tuning, repair, diagnosis, winterization ect... on ATV's, Sleds, Boat motors, lawn mowers, snow blowers ect.... give him a call he's good, honest & quick.....

Eddy's small engine repair
14330 140 st (north of leons)
780-475-7022
780-999-1732

mawson21

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I have been looking for a place to take my outboard identical to yours..

Top Bottom