Economy/Recession

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We know how trudeau feels about muslims, just want to see what he does with this. it will be on record to see in a year from now

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We put an add out for unskilled laborers yesterday in edmonton. The response was insane,over 700 resumes and not all unskilled applicants.That really shows how bad it is out there!

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy **** that's crazy. Couple of my buds got laid off also one 25 yr veteran and one 20yr veteran, pretty sad when management starts to keep the Me generation over veterans WTF is this world coming to. Its not like there was that big a difference in money either when the company is world wide.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy **** that's crazy. Couple of my buds got laid off also one 25 yr veteran and one 20yr veteran, pretty sad when management starts to keep the Me generation over veterans WTF is this world coming to. Its not like there was that big a difference in money either when the company is world wide.
Interesting you call the young guys the Me generation and yet you seem to think that your buddies are the ones entitled to jobs...

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you even know what the Me gen is or where it starts? Also I am not painting all with the same brush just stating a fact at what happened to them as the Me Gen there are pretty much useless but yet still have jobs. I guess if you do fawk all lick bag your good to go a long way:/

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you even know what the Me gen is or where it starts? Also I am not painting all with the same brush just stating a fact at what happened to them as the Me Gen there are pretty much useless but yet still have jobs. I guess if you do fawk all lick bag your good to go a long way:/
I'm under 30 so I understand the Me generation pretty well and know that a lot are useless as fawk but there are still a lot that are knowledgeable and work hard. Perhaps your buddies have entitled, bitter attitudes and that was deemed less desirable than someone that isn't jaded yet. I don't anyone involved but it pisses me off when people assume because you're young you don't know anything or are useless and add less value to a company than a veteran employee.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Did it start at the baby boomer generation? There about as "me" as it gets.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A veteran can say to any youngin I have forgotten more than you know in same field of work.

Brojoe

Reaction score

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Low oil price explained in a nutshell, time to get used to it:
Saudi oil minister's message for high high-cost crude producers: "get out" of market
Saudi Arabia's oil minister Ali al-Naimi spoke to a packed room in Houston yesterday morning. Hundreds of energy executives from dozens of countries were there to listen.
Saudi oil minister's message for high-cost crude producers: 'get out' of market - Business - CBC News
This was the case back in the 80's. A shot across the bow for the Westerners to behave and be happy with what market they had and a firm warning that if you / we do it again they will open the valves and squish out the West.

History has a way of repeating it's self for those of you too young to remember back then. 19 to 20% interest rates, highest unemployment rates ever and P Trudeau running Canada's record setting deficit.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's just it if we were able to refine our own we would not need import oil, I have often wondered how this would affect them in Saudi land or Nigeria for that matter. I do know this and that is this country is far from EV,s being used in a cold climate except for in urban areas therefore we will still need oil for at least another 30yrs cause I am not driving a EV truck in da bush with no place for recharges for 300 miles when at best they only go 200 on full charge. I remember that tard PT running this country into the ground also people losing chit left right/center it was bad then and it could very well get just as bad now. Sure hope we can pull out of this even slowly would be a blessing but things do not look good with Governments spending into the sky and coming up with (diversified revenue) into oblivion. Vastly going to be the poor working middle class and that's just wrong on many levels.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Things will get much worse if Ms Clinton gets elected....she does not like Canada and in particular
our oil....she is a protectionist, and will go out of her way to end Canada / US buisness relations...

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's just it if we were able to refine our own we would not need import oil, I have often wondered how this would affect them in Saudi land or Nigeria for that matter. I do know this and that is this country is far from EV,s being used in a cold climate except for in urban areas therefore we will still need oil for at least another 30yrs cause I am not driving a EV truck in da bush with no place for recharges for 300 miles when at best they only go 200 on full charge. I remember that tard PT running this country into the ground also people losing chit left right/center it was bad then and it could very well get just as bad now. Sure hope we can pull out of this even slowly would be a blessing but things do not look good with Governments spending into the sky and coming up with (diversified revenue) into oblivion. Vastly going to be the poor working middle class and that's just wrong on many levels.

Being oil self sufficient won't work. We would go from buying cheap oil to expensive oil and be at the mercy of the foreign owned companies that control the oil sands production. Not only is it expensive to develop and produce but they would have a captive market. Fuel prices would look like those in Europe in short order.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$4.3billion to foreign aid etc. alone...... wow!!!

You know it's interesting, that people are still shocked with numbers like this. I'd be willing to bet that that number is even low compared to the actual spending.
This little slow down we are seeing is to further redistribute wealth.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This little slow down we are seeing is to further redistribute wealth.

Nothing more, nothing less.
Interesting, I thought it was because the Saudi's weren't cutting production to protect pricing and Chinese growth is going through a stagnant period.

Maybe they got to me, I better build a new foil hat.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was the case back in the 80's. A shot across the bow for the Westerners to behave and be happy with what market they had and a firm warning that if you / we do it again they will open the valves and squish out the West.

History has a way of repeating it's self for those of you too young to remember back then. 19 to 20% interest rates, highest unemployment rates ever and P Trudeau running Canada's record setting deficit.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Looks like we are seeing it again lol

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give it 6-8 months. The Middle East is gonna erupt into war, the Iranians will close the straights of Hormuz and oil prices will jump to $80 overnight. The Saudis and Kuwaitis are burning up,their foreign reserves at a high rate buying arms and keeping their economy afloat. Even as rich as they are they can't sustain prices this low for too long. If you factor in their annual budgets and divide it by the price per barrel they're running big deficits as well, they just have the money in the bank to keep going longer. They have no desire to keep burning through their foreign reserves.

Top Bottom