Economy/Recession

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Frankly the answer is simple. The cost of labor in Canada is far to high for new manufacturing plants, Mexicans work much cheaper.

Not quite that simple, the labor costs are not a big deal, the real costs are running an operation the way the Canadian government sees fit, including minimum wages, ohs safety, insurance, employing people to mediate any problems the workers may have, the list goes on an on.... forever!
And lets not forget unions!

Canada's government has made us unable to compete, not the greedy businessmen or the employees who need 35.00 an hour to survive. Same goes for every business in Canada, how can we compete when other places have no rules or regulations to deal with, of course they can produce goods cheaper.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are both right.....we are / can not be a manufacturing based country and compete .is it morally right , I don't know , none the less it is a fact ......

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For a lousy dollar I am willing to try anything. I would rather try and fail than fail to try!! IMO

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You volunteering to work for nothing,have at it.

Nope, I am a realist, instead of relying on somebody else to supply me a job I am self employed. I set my own wage, sometimes I can afford me, sometimes I cant.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't understand this statement on their website

no hope in hell if this is NDP related

Think of it this way and try to think out side the box. If we get enough of us right wing voters to join there little party we as members are able to vote on policies etc.. So therefore because they swayed some right wingers to vote for them we as right siders will infilterate from within because of all the members get to vote on policy and etc.. So if we say no then we as people are able to sit down with the MLA,s and Knothead sort of speak. On policy and leadership and where we think it needs to go because of our democratic system is based on majority rules from within. For instance the NDP do not have the confidence of the majority of Albertans but they won the ridings. Therefore the party decides on direction from within and they do not listen to anyone outside there membership. So if everyone who wanted to be heard became a member things would change real fast because every member gets to vote on party direction and leadership. So if Albertans first became card carrying members we would vastly out number the current members and at the very first AGM we can start tabling policies that reflect Albertans wishes and so on. If we can not change the direction and destructive path the NDP that they have set for Alberta then we Become the NDP party and change it from within. So democracy was not broken it was our unwillingness to take part in the democratic process that was broken. Hope this helps out a bit.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1067566103055.12108.1643138310&type=3&theater

I know this is gonna be hard it was for me but if you read into this it will work democratically. I know i did not think i would come hell or high water but i did i am now a member lol!! We need to get as many as possible to do this so pass it along please.
[h=2]Sorry, this content isn't available right now[/h]

The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.
Go back to the previous page · Go to News Feed · Visit our Help Center

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Albertanfirst.org is better its good. Then go to member info for a 1$ it is pretty self explanotory. The Art of War kill the enemy from within.

Last edited:

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some more Info!!

Was doing some thinking last night after posting this and have come to realize that this most likely would be outside some peoples comfort zone due to all that is going on in Alberta. I am however ok with this and get that most are not comfortable with this, so myself as a canvasser for the petitons on bill 6/carbon tax plus the other 2499 canvassers that have followed George Clark and traversed the country side for sigs. With that being said I am now thinking that even with lets just say 2500 of us that most likely bought the 1$ membership that, that would vastly outnumber there current members of 1700. So you get what I am getting at give or take the others that buy the 1$ membership that were not canvassers would only add to our base. Anyway I would like to thank all S/M members for having a look at the posting and value and respect your viewpoints and decision.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The federal government announced they have clue what the deficit will be, the are "hoping" for 10 billion. Running the government on a hope and not a prayer. Can a rich spoiled kid refrain from spending?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The federal government announced they have clue what the deficit will be, the are "hoping" for 10 billion. Running the government on a hope and not a prayer. Can a rich spoiled kid refrain from spending?

It would appear after all " that budgets balance themselves " is not as easy as it sounds . JT has ramped the deficit to almost double what he promised, breaking every financial promise he made ,for the rest of his term ( yawn, what a shock ).......going from a Harper surplus to 18+ billion in debt In a few months .... Gheeee , not bad justin !! That's what happens when you give our (taxpayers)money away ,I guess.... But hey , you never earned it so it's not like you wil notice it missing...

"Give the new kid a chance they said" what could go wrong .... Looks like quite a bit to me !!
what a chit show ..... And I saw it coming ages ago....
At least the guys at bombardier are laughing.....!

Last edited:

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5.3 Billion in 100 days not bad!! Truedeau.jpg

Top Bottom