Eckville Grass Drag Rules

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
there are a couple of mistakes listed on the web site (eveyone is human).

stingers are "not" allowed in stock.
drop and rolled chaincases are "not" allowed in improved.

the more fair it is, the more fun it is for everyone.

As always, should anyone have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Mike"

I guess this never applied to trail stock or mountain stock, eh?? I spent time etc, getting the sleds back to "stock" condition, only to discover i had the only 2 sleds running the stock mufflers(probably in the whole place too?). I also discovered all the other sleds in my classes had stingers(cans)and 1 even had drop and roll, and several had reeds, and air vents in body panels, etc, etc.(I guess he who cheats most, wins?)... I tried to explain all this to our kids that were all there to race and have a good time...frustrating, very frustrating!
Another bad issue was the "weight" thing in stock divisions, and lots of guys were talkin' about it!!!....there was a lady in stock 700, 800, 1000 that prolly never even weighed a hundred lbs from red deer... Supposed to be keyed off at 200lbs(posted in your rules)over the factory weight.........if you were under that 200lbs, then you were supposed to add weight to the sleds to maintain that 200lbs-- never happened with her though, possibly because she was racing for one of the sponsors????........hmmmm!

Other than being told wrong information, and even to post that these rules were incorrect on our site, the races were fun(frustrating, but fun), and we all had a great time.... Races were run quite smoothly, but too bad it was such a low turnout.... Last time we raced there, was prolly 3 times as many sleds(or more)

Last edited:

dumbassracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
low turnout is because ssra santioned event i was going to race there with 4sleds but i didnt get any responce back from the ssra tech persons on afew of the rules. i left several mesages over the last 2 months with no reply .my biggest beef is turboed sleds and how it seams they dont want 2stroke or 4stroke turboed sleds at there events its to bad to cause eckvile was one of my favoite grass races.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ya, there was low turnout, but there wasn't a race last year, and this race wasn't really advertised until a little bit ago... The ssra techs and the organizers of this event seemed to have differences in opinions about what was, and what wasn't being called anyway!!! They did catch some racing fuel that had agent orange in it...and the fellow never even knew it.... (when burned in combustion, it becomes a 1000 times more deadly than mustard gas). There was only 1 turbo m8 there... Too bad, there wasn't more!!!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I had to deal with the tech guys on a regular basis because I was running one sled in 2 classes and they had to witness the NOS being purged. They were great to deal with on site but I have to agree with summitric that the lack of control on the rules was frustrating.
The other thing I was unhappy about was they were not enforcing PIT rules...helmet and teather if the sled moves and no high speeds except on the track. Witnessed a number of dangerous things happening...
Check out the "no helmet" rider that just rode past the Tech point.

Attachments

• IMG_2257_2.jpg
    IMG_2257_2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2258_2.jpg
    IMG_2258_2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 101

dumbassracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So no turboed yammies? Thats too bad since in and around that part of the country is where 80% of the big turbo sleds come from. I won mountain open 2 years ago at the last race, I was going to come this year till the vice pres of SSRA told me I whould have to run a resrtictor plate in mountian open on my RX1 ("not likely") I built a mountain open sled. Open is open in my books. They also say that they follow ISR rules and the rules as far as I can tell do not allow turbos or nos in open classes, or any other class. This has to change if they want the fast guys to come racing ie. Brent Lindermin, Iron Mike Irwin, the Freak, just to name a few. I'm trying not to rant but its hard not to when the guys that run the SSRA don't give a damn about us guys out west.

dumbassracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah, I've talked to Mr. Dietrich (?) numerous times with no positive feedback. He doesn't care, cause he races in the same "old school" classes and can't compete. I just wish I didn't live so far away so I could go to these meetings and have a say, as it seems e-mails and website forums don't get the point across.
And its too bad cause my whole family is involved, and we all race something, in Eckville. Maybe next year.
I'm planning on coming to the snowmobile show in Edmonton. Probably for Friday and Saturday morning before I head back to BC. Wouldn't mind meeting up with you if you are going to be around, along with some of you other "snow and mud" guys.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Think we'll be there next year too, with quite a few tweeks done to the sleds!.... Keep us informed if you're heading next year, we'll try and get all the s&m'ers to group together.....

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Hopefully we can have a clear view of the rules...and why are the rules different at Eckville and Wetaskwin??? Makes no sense to me.
Think we'll be there next year too, with quite a few tweeks done to the sleds!.... Keep us informed if you're heading next year, we'll try and get all the s&m'ers to group together.....

dumbassracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The difference is Eckville is sanctioned by the SSRA, and they use ISR bull$Hit rules. Wetaskwin uses the same rules we've used in all races in BC and most of Alberta for the last 20 years. THEY WORK! ISR rules don't. The times of a 1000 cc limit to a "open" mod class are over. Turbo's, NOS, big, big, big bores are the future of racing. And if SSRA can't see that then they will ruin the little bit of racing we have left.
Ahhh, that felt good :)

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
the difference is eckville is sanctioned by the ssra, and they use isr bull$hit rules. Wetaskwin uses the same rules we've used in all races in bc and most of alberta for the last 20 years. They work! Isr rules don't. The times of a 1000 cc limit to a "open" mod class are over. Turbo's, nos, big, big, big bores are the future of racing. And if ssra can't see that then they will ruin the little bit of racing we have left.
Ahhh, that felt good :)

glad you were able to get that out.... I agree 100%, and it woulda been great to see a few more turbo's there and the really big bores, but it was kinda humdrum.

Top Bottom