Ebbtide Boats?

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am in the market for a boat and came accross these in K-town and had never heard of them before. They looked very well built and reasonable priced which made me think what the catch was. I can't seem to find much for reviews on them as they don't make a lot of boats.

Anybody have one or know someone who does? Looking for some feedback as it will be a drive to go and test one. The only Alberta dealer is in Airdrie.

Thanks

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sombody must know sombody who has and Ebbtide boat. Can't stomach buying somthing for 50K with out knowing somone who has one and is happy with it.

Showtime Jeremy Johnny SBR Calling all boaters!!!!

Need some info.

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never heard of them. If you are considering a purchase you may also want to carefully consider the possibility of future warranty claims & service. Where is the nearest dealer is located when it comes to repairs, service etc. Best of luck

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had looked into them, and like the above post said not enough dealers around, and why do they make such a small number of boats?? when i was trying to deal, and i will admit, i deal for a living, they wouldn't!!! so i was out like trout, i was bolton like micheal!!

They apparently are the same quality as a crownline, apparently!! if i was looking in that price range i would buy a crownline.

I have owned lots of boats,(i was a boat brooker on the side for a few years) and my dads has, and my grandfather has, and after looking around i liked the four winns, great name, pretty good reputation in the boating world, msrp was over 50 and i paid around 32, plus xtended warranty and the rock chip guarder thingy bob, and the boat has been good so far, aside from a few small warranty claims.

to me to spend 50k on a 20-23 foot boat, i would rather buy a few year old twin engine cabin cruiser!!!!! 28 foot montery, was up ladies!!! with twin 350's, or how about a baja or farmula, for 50k you could pick up a sweet twin 454 cig boat.

they say the two best days of owning a boat are the day you buy it, and the day you sell it. in between is twice as expensive as a good drug addiction!!!

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry about the rant,

the two brands I consider in my opinion to be quality, with decent dealer networks, and you can get a deal on, montery, and four winns

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I started looking at cheaper boats but was steered towards a higher end boat by my brother. He bought a Regal 2100 and said that in five years the difference in boat quality would be obvious.

I looked at the Glastrons and Larsons and those can be had for 35K.

The catch is I plan on keeping this boat for ten years and do not want to upgrade after a couple of years. All the dealers I have talked to do not have a boat on their lot equipt the way I want it and all try to sell me what they have. This Ebbtide dealer actually has a boat the way I would order it so that is why I was wondering.

Since you seem to be in the know, How much room does a dealer have to move to make a deal? 32k for a boat that listed at over 50K seems to good to be true.

I looked at the Four Winns H210 but when I priced it out is was 57K the Ebbtide was 53k with the duoprop (approx 3k option)

I get the dealer service aspect if the price is close enough I would buy locally.

I have looked for used but there doesn't seem to be much over 20' that has the engine/options configurations I am looking for.

If you come accross any thing like this let me know.

21-22ft open bow
Volvo stern drive 5.0 GXi or 5.7 GXi (efi)
Duo prop (if I can get it)
Wake board tower and covers
Tandem axle trailer
New or next to new condition

Thanks for the input

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one thing, go efi, big difference in cold start up, performance, and not that it matters, fuel economy!!!

In my opinion, i wouldn't touch a regal. had a very very bad expereince with one, and i don't like the little pod things that the seats attatch to, look wierd.

there should be alot of room, especially a 08 right now, and like the car manufactures, they hace incentives so that you'll deal in canada and not south.

if you can, hold out till winter. nothing motivates a boat dealer to deal like having a expensive boat that he is paying interest on.

montery or fourwinns!!!!!!! fourwinns 23 SS is what i should have bought!!!

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The H220 SS would be nice but the 65K price tag isn't.

I would certainly look hard at the H210 SS. Lists at a little over 59K on their website. Who is the Four Winns dealer in Edmonton? and More importantly Who do I need to know to get one for around $40K-45K?

I am in no rush as this season is over but I would like to beat the rush in the spring that is why I am looking now.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like some of the others i've never heard of that brand of boat before. If you decide to go this way the one thing i would check is how avaiable the parts will be for it now and in 10 yrs which is how long you mentioned keep it. I'm just going to throw this out there but depending on what your primary use for the boat is have you checked into buying a towboat? Like Jeremy said there are some good deals that are already happening, some guy's are picking up pre-ordered 09's and they still have 08 inventory. Wizard lake marine had a 08 wakesetter VTX(20') for around $50K and Martin Farm has been advertizing X-15(22') in the auto trader for $59K, both these boats were selling for ALOT more not even a year ago. The US economy isn't helping things either though. And yes Jeremy your right they also can be a money pit like any other motorsport.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked at a couple of tow boats and tried skiing behind one and didn't think there was enough difference to warrant buying a dedicated tow boat.

I will be towing approx 50% of the time the other 50% would be cruising or lounging on the lake. Mostly in AB but also in BC and Idaho. The bow rider seemed to be a better fit for my application. I also didn't like not being able to trim up the prop in these shallow Alberta lakes or worry about swamping the boat in 14" waves.

The other reason was cost, they all seemed to cost more than a comparable bowrider.

I guess I didn't see any benefits unless all you do is tow.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you know what kills me about buying a boat, i am a sales manager for a big car dealer ship. I treat everyone the same. which is great, that guy buying the 13000 aveo is still a customer, and he'll need parts, and service, and want to trade it in in a few years. i have to treat him right.

Boat dealerships in alberta, especially the ones i have been in and including the one where i bought, they treat all the customers the same. like douche bags!! my sales guy was nice, but new. when i had problems, they couldn't care less.

well wait till next year, our economy has slowed, won't be pupming out boats like crazy, they'll have to work for it. bastards.

so if i were you, no matter what brand check into the dealer. hang out in the service dept just to see how their staff handles problems. craps happends no matter what, but it is how they handle it that matters.

sorry about the rant!

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
adn for that matter, so do the sled dealerships. i have tried many times to get a deal that i fealt resonable on a new rev from a certain dealer, and they treat me like poo. i dump thousands into their parts and service department, but help a guy out on a new 800 doo?? they think i am there for fun. I WANT A NEW SLED. actually last year, i was yelling with a certain credit crad waving in the air I WANT TO BUY SOMETHING!! and still couldn't get helped.

If one of my sales people ever behaved that way, they probably wouldn't be one of my sales people very long.

sorry about the con;t rant

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't gotten much in the way of service from any of the boat dealerships locally other than to try and talk me out of the boat I want and into somthing they have.

Where did you buy your boat from ?

Have you heard of a decent dealership in Edmonton as it may influence what I buy.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought at shipwreck. doing what i do for a living, i know crap happens, it does no matter what. but how you handle it and take care of the customer is what makes you. these guys have treated me like crap.
here is my list-

1. Scrathes all over black portion of boat -pictures taken at delivery, work order created, to be re-gel coated in the fall
2. Rear tow cleat wasn't even tightened -i tightened (happened first time out)
3. Sirrus radio ID code never supplied -sarah has code written down on work order now activated.
4. swirl marks where dealership attempted to fix scrathes which also burnt the gel coat- boat is to be polished when sratches fixed in the fall.
5. window stopper wrong length -to be replaced with bigger one.
6. center windshield scratched due to window stopper -new center window frame-sarah working with four winns
7. wakeboard tower slight rub mark due to window stopper -sarah not sure how to proceede.
8.looms on storage cover fraying -to be replaced in the fall, see if the rest of them do the same thing and may replace them all.
9. pass side window frame gouged on bottom on interior side -new window frame-sarah working with four winns
10.glue all over interior and exterior of boat -sarah removed herself.
11. wiring for trailer -i fixed and heat shrinked, was the reverse lock out wire.
12. trailer rusting in two places near the tounge.
13.drivers seat bolts loose underneath -sarah had tech tighten.
14. front roller on trailer damaged -still to be looked at.
15. engine stalled numerous times first time out -only happened once second time out.and again 3rd and 4th
16. front carpet-grease/burn mark on front bow area carpet-apparently new one ordered
17. Bimini top has hole in it, and boot has tear-replaced
18. Cockpit cover seem starting to separate-took pictures for sarah.
19-engine stalled repeatedley first few times out.

these guys say I am anal. well after owning like 60 boats, yeah I want a brand new boat in brand new condition. the dealer explained to me that the can't see why I'm upset. I basically picked up my brand new boat and had to take it home to clean it myself!!!!

I like the boat, i understand crap happens. but i'll be a lot happier when it is all fixed. and i'll really think hard before purchasing there again.

There is a pretty good deal on a 07 stingray in saskatoon. I can;t remember the dealers name, but when you come into town from the west on the yellowhead, and turn right to head into town, it is a artic cat, campion, stringray dealer on the east side of the road right next to the princess auto.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like I should be looking for a boat dealer then hoping he sells somthing I like.

thanks

Jake

Reaction score
I have not been having any luck with Shipwreck either. Can't go near the place without problems, absolutely not one dealing with them since purchasing a boat has gone smoothly. Stay away, I have had to contact the manufacturer regarding them.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anybody bought a boat from Tru North in Airdrie. I still really like the Ebbtide 2240 that I was looking at but he is the only dealer in Alberta. I have no problem buying that far away as long as I don't end up fighting with them over problems with my purchase.

Thanks for the help.:beer:

Top Bottom