Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2016/17

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whoops - missed that ! Thanks SC
You bet! I wish it was today! Man March has warmed up! Generally ride Fernie but need to get out to sicamous still yet this year if it snows. Could use a another good day with the Sherm!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You bet! I wish it was today! Man March has warmed up! Generally ride Fernie but need to get out to sicamous still yet this year if it snows. Could use a another good day with the Sherm!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Have had few deep days in the last month - unfortunately last weekend wasnt so great - hopefully weather changes abit ! Sherm and Billy need to start doing that snow Dance again !

powder dreams

Reaction score
I really hate to interrupt the arguing over cops but here's a little update for those who are actualy here for conditions. We rode hunter/owls today and it's got me thinking spring is pretty much here. The rain has made its way up around 5000' and the 6" of "snow" up top was more like hail. All the untracked snow that is left is pretty set up now to but overal it wasn't a bad day. Trail up from the hall was brutal and pretty much just bumpy ice. Had a hell of a time keeping the sleds cool. But all we can do is hope that the rain over the next couple days gives us one last good dump befor it becomes mashed potatoes.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wanted to say thanks to rightsideup for letting me tag along while my wife was sick a few weeks ago. It was my first time to Sicamous/Hunters and I had a blast. The snow was incredible and the best I've ever ridden. I even got to meet WB (He called himself Balls Out Bill btw)

I got some riding in at Hunters, Blue Lake, Owlhead with rightsideup and even made it to Eagles with some guys I met in the parking lot from Penticton. The only thing it didn't have was good restaurants!

I will be back again for sure!
U went to the wrong places to eat then

sent while drinking tea's

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont mind the presence of the authorities in the parking lots - have seen them in parking lot at owls a few times - never had a problem even when I drove down road abit ! Would have liked them up at Blue cabin other day when I had a unfriendly rider thinking that he owned the mountain and kept riding right by the cabin - reving and speeding past cabin - I was basically standing right in front of the cabin steps and this rider weaseled he way through the parked sleds and came right up to me and told me to get the F#2k out of the way ! Like theres a whole mountain out there - do u have to ride right in front of the cabin ! Wow! I was thinking at first I new the guy - but he sped of and the disappeared up over bunny hill - we left shortly after - a real hero !!
Ya but the trail ends right there so..... He has the right, right??? Lmao

8675-30-9

Reaction score
I really hate to interrupt the arguing over cops but here's a little update for those who are actualy here for conditions. We rode hunter/owls today and it's got me thinking spring is pretty much here. The rain has made its way up around 5000' and the 6" of "snow" up top was more like hail. All the untracked snow that is left is pretty set up now to but overal it wasn't a bad day. Trail up from the hall was brutal and pretty much just bumpy ice. Had a hell of a time keeping the sleds cool. But all we can do is hope that the rain over the next couple days gives us one last good dump befor it becomes mashed potatoes.

thank you! Much appreciated!this thread gets hijacked far too often!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess you boys don't like our updates eh

Mabe all of us that do post and know conditions, should keep it to our selves... Is that what ya want

The guy going off about the cops checking should go to revy and see that they are there morning and nite, good comparison

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup the Bunny Hill figures probably heating up his Chef Boyardee lunch.......
I dont mind the presence of the authorities in the parking lots - have seen them in parking lot at owls a few times - never had a problem even when I drove down road abit ! Would have liked them up at Blue cabin other day when I had a unfriendly rider thinking that he owned the mountain and kept riding right by the cabin - reving and speeding past cabin - I was basically standing right in front of the cabin steps and this rider weaseled he way through the parked sleds and came right up to me and told me to get the F#2k out of the way ! Like theres a whole mountain out there - do u have to ride right in front of the cabin ! Wow! I was thinking at first I new the guy - but he sped of and the disappeared up over bunny hill - we left shortly after - a real hero !!

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the Snow Gods are mad at Sherm and I so I have on behalf of you all gone to the Coast for the weekend as I know that should result in 3' of fresh given my recent luck :cool:
People are a little grumpy with the lack of new snow as well start dancing!!

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess you boys don't like our updates eh

Mabe all of us that do post and know conditions, should keep it to our selves... Is that what ya want

The guy going off about the cops checking should go to revy and see that they are there morning and nite, good comparison

Good suggestions Tex, maybe just stop reporting the conditions, period! Funny how its usually the guys who report nothing about their outing on this thread that complain the most about others not reporting, or complain about just making some idle chit chat about other things. There isn't much point in us airing our complaints in the "General Section" on this site because the whiners wouldn't read anything in that area, your only here for the snow reports! So, the only way we can let all the sledders that frequent our area know of concerns we have, is to voice them in this thread. I could make the suggestion to find another website to find snow conditions, there are a couple other good ones out there. No wait, they talk about irrelevant things too. I know, don't read all the posts here if they don't pertain to what you want to hear, but obviously you are, otherwise you wouldn't be posting frivolous complaints here about the police and other non snow sledding picture info ! Hey, did I mention that I switched over my winters to my summers, annnnnddddddd, I also lubed up a couple of my fly lines AND put the canopy on my truck!! :cool:

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Say it aint so sherm - ur not giving up on winter yet r yah !

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The club is looking to cut wood at eagle's tomorrow. I think I remember one dead tree in particular that needs to be removed

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Queest today. Trail in ok shape but snow fading fast lower down. Unloaded at 2 and a half switch back but be up to 3 by tomorrow. Snowing up top but all hard pack. Was snowing good and softened up towards end of day. Rained from 7km down

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not really expecting any responses so late... looking for someone to tag along with. Please and thank you :)

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not really expecting any responses so late... looking for someone to tag along with. Please and thank you :)

You are welcome to show up at eagle's if you would like we will be cutting wood for the cabin but I am sure there will be a little riding done as well.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Say it aint so sherm - ur not giving up on winter yet r yah !

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

As a matter of fact, I have, been a long one! That and I figured I'd get started fishing again. You know, hit the boat launch and find someone taking up all three launch spots because they jack-knifed their rig on the ramp, then give me hell for not being very patient with them, that and have a wakeboard boat go behind mine at 20' and run over my fishing lines and tell me to f&%k off cause they're on holidays and if it weren't for them Sicamous wouldn't be here, you know, that kinda fun!! Send me some mail when you're here this summer and we'll have a frosty pop together. Oh oh, I just did a post with no snow info on it, my bad!!!:nono::cool:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a matter of fact, I have, been a long one! That and I figured I'd get started fishing again. You know, hit the boat launch and find someone taking up all three launch spots because they jack-knifed their rig on the ramp, then give me hell for not being very patient with them, that and have a wakeboard boat go behind mine at 20' and run over my fishing lines and tell me to f&%k off cause they're on holidays and if it weren't for them Sicamous wouldn't be here, you know, that kinda fun!! Send me some mail when you're here this summer and we'll have a frosty pop together. Oh oh, I just did a post with no snow info on it, my bad!!!:nono::cool:
Why ya fishing, hell is froze over still ( Mara Lake lol)

Seems like a bad idea to me

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the best time of year to drop a line one day, rip some fresh spring pow the next day and ride the 2 wheel machine down low after that!

South West Kootenays got a dump. Nothing significant for Shuswap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom