Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2016/17

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't get the video to download of me driving over the wife's sled! The snow was so deep I drove right over the tunnel with only breaking the brake light off! Looks better without it anyways.
IMG_0745.jpg IMG_0746.jpg

Last edited:

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whith all the snow coming down in town, is it save to assume that it's puking at higher elevations? Really envious of the guys that don't have to work these days. I should demand a snowday at work...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably on average 3-4 times the snow up top that falls down low

And it was snowing hard in the afternoon at bluelake yesterday

sent while drinking tea's

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably on average 3-4 times the snow up top that falls down low

And it was snowing hard in the afternoon at bluelake yesterday

sent while drinking tea's

What's the weather like down low today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: GRD

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of the big slide that came down at eagles above the 2nd lake? Was up past there saturday but stayed down low in the burn yesterday so didn't see it.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out yesterday blue owls great conditions lost my shovel handle but some nice people found it for me. Staged at blue hit blue and owls mostly sunny and deep with a bit of fog and snow making vis bad at blue.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6469ec741b7e06911f4f83ed9da0be72.jpg

Deep mashed taters after the sun made an appearance in the burn at eagles.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went out to Blue today with Sled Dawg and without our Wingman Sherm as he is still waiting on parts for his doo..... Still staging from the bottom it was 3c in the parking lot that is turning into a swimming pool with the melt and the rain today. Pretty muched rained till about 18km then turned into wet snow, made it to the cabin dropped over the back towards the lake zero vis and flat light, climbed back up towards the ridge but still no vis the snow was deep but very heavy. Tried our luck back towards the meadows same thing snow was deep but heavy and stucks were an effort and took some work. Sled Dawg described it as driving an old car without power steering took effort and sometimes the machine went where it wanted. After about 4 hours we were soaked and headed out early. Hoping it cools down or the good riding could end quickly for us.

Last edited:

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm back! Ya, exciting, I know, the guys I road with it today are already over it! Billdozer, SledDawg AND Wild Bill joined our band of merry men today, great to meet you WB! With a freshly groomed trail we figured we'd have some decent sledding spots we could get to in a hurry, turned out we were in a hurry for no reason, it really sucked!
That's right, we hit every possible spot we thought we might find some untracked snow and in the process, covered the entire Blue Lk sledding area, and every spot we hit was tracked and hard, it made for a very tiring outing for us old buggers. We even dropped down lower in the meadows than we have before, into new territory for all of us, and it was beat. I did manage a couple of pics though, WB is very photogenic beside his flashy yellow sled! We did have one 911 call to rescue WB, the big 174 flipped over on him on a steep hill in Foggy Bowl and pinned his leg underneath. A little digging and some lifting and he was good to go!
Needless to say we need a huge dump of snow to get rid of the mess that's up there, even a foot ain't gonna cut it. For those who like that Spring riding stuff, your wish has come true! Now to try and get my boat dug out from the snow in the back yard for a change of gears!!

Attachments

• 170317a.jpg
    170317a.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 432
  • 170317b.jpg
    170317b.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 435
  • 170317c.jpg
    170317c.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 437
  • 170317d.jpg
    170317d.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 429

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm back! Ya, exciting, I know, the guys I road with it today are already over it! Billdozer, SledDawg AND Wild Bill joined our band of merry men today, great to meet you WB! With a freshly groomed trail we figured we'd have some decent sledding spots we could get to in a hurry, turned out we were in a hurry for no reason, it really sucked!
That's right, we hit every possible spot we thought we might find some untracked snow and in the process, covered the entire Blue Lk sledding area, and every spot we hit was tracked and hard, it made for a very tiring outing for us old buggers. We even dropped down lower in the meadows than we have before, into new territory for all of us, and it was beat. I did manage a couple of pics though, WB is very photogenic beside his flashy yellow sled! We did have one 911 call to rescue WB, the big 174 flipped over on him on a steep hill in Foggy Bowl and pinned his leg underneath. A little digging and some lifting and he was good to go!
Needless to say we need a huge dump of snow to get rid of the mess that's up there, even a foot ain't gonna cut it. For those who like that Spring riding stuff, your wish has come true! Now to try and get my boat dug out from the snow in the back yard for a change of gears!!
There was a lot more snow to the south yesterday. Tell wild bill to behave himself he was on the right side of the tow rope last time I saw him.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well - had bit of late start today but headed up to Blue lake also today - headed up short cut into Blue - not much fresh - tracked out - Hmmm! Headed down into lower meadows - D@#M ! tracked out - not much fresh ! headed through meadows and into some usually untouched spots - Holy Crap - tracked out ! Down into some ravines and valleys - tracked out ! Holy cow - Back to Blue lake cabin and conversed with WB - said his riding partners headed back down due to undesirable snow conditions ! Guess I missed the Trio by half hr or so ! We had lunch - then headed toward Blue lake - found bit of fresh through trees and played on few slopes ! we headed back toward Brown pants and played in around there and then weather started to hit - started snowing hard and we headed back toward cabin due to poor visibility ! Was snowing pretty hard when we left - hopefully tomorrow be a better day ! Trail in decent shape - last 2k on owls side is getting pretty shy on snow - might be last weekend for driving from main parking lot!

Top Bottom