Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2016/17

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And don't forget the collision with the Mrs. sled, and obvious result of to much snow! Best stay home!��[/QUOT

More of driving over here sled then a collision, only broke the brake light! Oops I got a little close, her fault for being parked there. I'd post the vid but can't get any photos and vids to download. Way too tired to go downstairs to the real computer. 4 days sledding this week and more to come!

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well well well, here we are, possibly the last month of sledding and the four of us, Billdozer, SledDawg "174" and myself hit Blue Lk, for the deepest snow this season!!! What can I say, the snow was 5 Star, the weather in that 2.5 Star area. Snowing and blowing, that's what it was doing all over the hill, but with snow like we had it made no difference cause it blocked out the goggles anyways.
We hit the lower meadows on the way up first, untouched, chewed that to pieces, then below the cabin, absolutely awesome, ripped that to shreds, went to the looooowwwerrrrrrrrrr meadows on the other side of the cabin, snow way to deep, then back to the cabin for lunch, hit Cummings "and area", ripped that all up, and finally called it a day! Billdozer was showing off to our new guy, "174", and actually performed his barrel roll right in front of him, that and how deep his track could dig down. Not to much carnage, I cleaned the snow off one tree for everyone so they wouldn't hit it, and that was about it!
Snowing like a bugger the entire time up there and when we came down, avy rating is ugly so be careful out there, supposed to be extreme winds up top tomorrow. Pleasure riding with you "174", give us a shout again. OK, Saturday is fine! I did include one pic of Big Nasty from his Lumby trip just the other day, a ton of snow up there as well. And just a FYI for all those Provinces east of BC, the hwy is going to be closed starting tomorrow so you don't have to come out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in most of these pictures it's your bright orange lids identifying the dynamic duo as the sleds are covered in the white gravy.

jbrow

Reaction score
Looking for a riding partner or a group to tag along with tomorrow.... rest of my group isn't able to ride tomorrow. Have the essentials. Let me know if you can help me out.

John

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a couple other pics from yesterday, unfortunately I couldn't get the Nasty video to upload where he wrecks his wife's sled, you best get her a new one now!!

Attachments

• 170302e.jpg
    170302e.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 220
  • 170302f.jpg
    170302f.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 209
  • 170302g.jpg
    170302g.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 212

GRD

Reaction score
What are the Staging areas like at Blue Lake and Owlhead? Planning to ride March 10th weekend? Still good to bring the enclosed?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow is still at valley bottom for all hills

As long as it stays cool and no big amounts of rain

sent while drinking tea's

• Thanks
Reactions: GRD

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow really settled today, wet and heavy but still a good couple feet. Still great snow but not the perfect snow we had yesterday. Blew a belt and had the fuel light on by 12:30pm, could be worse things in life.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Billdozer and I decided to try Owl's "backside" for a change of venue. The trail at the bottom of the hill is starting to go for a crap, ice in the AM and a thin layer of slush when we came down, won't be long and we'll be driving up to 2K!
We took the back route to Owl's and pretty much stayed there the entire time, didn't even have to go all the way into the cabin. We had a fresh foot of snow from probably last night and found allot of totally untracked areas down in the meadow's, with snow up to 2' at times through the tree's! A bonus for today was the excellent vis, sun came out and I could find all the places that Billy fell off his sled!! Sad part is I forgot my danged camera at home so had to beg him for his IPhone to take pictures, needless to say he didn't lend it to me that much! We only met up with one other group of sledders, 174 was up the hill with 3 of his comrades and were making a vain attempt at messing up the new snow before we could, quite a challenge! Beauty day, between Billy's "Cirque de Soliel" flips and my feeble attempts at mastering the Barrel Roll, we had a helluva good time for a couple of old farts! Pictures to follow, once Billdozer wakes up from his nap and sends them to me, for editing of course!

blindman

Reaction score
very nice. is that Minnie me??? lol. we have been in McCall hope to get back to sic soon.

Blk88GT

Reaction score
Is anyone looking for another guy to ride today? My riding partner is sick and can't ride. I have avalanche gear and know how to use it, GPS and reliable sled, 11 years experience. Let me know, would prefer not to sit in the cabin......

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone looking for another guy to ride today? My riding partner is sick and can't ride. I have avalanche gear and know how to use it, GPS and reliable sled, 11 years experience. Let me know, would prefer not to sit in the cabin......
I posted on Facebook nobodyridesalone for ya, and tagged a buddy going up bluelake

sent while drinking tea's

Top Bottom