Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2016/17

AirNorth1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www3.telus.net
What's that old saying. "imitation is the finest form of flattery", obviously Mini Me doesn't sled like me as I would have just mowed that little tree down! Me and the gang from a couple days ago (yes, Mountain Martha too!) headed up to try the other side of Blue. No go, some previous injuries on some of the members of the flock and our newbie rider made us seek greener pastures! Its tracked out kids, beat to death, no matter where we went. Thanks to some ungracious sots who insist on tearing 4' trenches up packed trails, it made some spots inaccessible for more inexperienced riders, just plain stupid riding on some peoples parts, no reason to do that to a trail. So, we just kinda farted about until it was lunch time, heated up the muff pots on the nearby hills and had lunch in the cabin for a change. Other than no snow it was a nice day, great vis for a change/
For the crappy part, when we left the Blue Lk lot in the AM, there was a group of 4-5 morons, smoking their dope and having a couple of frosty pops before they left! One guy was yelling about the big crap he just had in the john and it was the steak sandwich giving him problems, like we care, you fricking idiot! If that wasn't bad enough, we make our way to the cabin and there they all are again, cabin door open, and they, they sparked up inside!! I go up to the cabin and they all flee it like rats on a ship, I tell them to quit smoking their **** in the cabin and they denie it! The cabin smells like crap now, and I tell the moron he's a liar and then he apologizes and is all " sorry man, we won't do that again" crap. What a bunch of losers, go find a avy somewhere, please, we don't need that crap on the hill because it'll be some innocent sledder that pays the price for your stupidity, really. Ya, legalize it, that'll work and, sure, its not addictive, stupid Liberal government. Did I mention we need more snow???

Ive had mothers & fathers come down the hill (plenty of times) with their kids dismayed because of the chalet smelling like dope. To them this was a real life adventure and one to hold as a fantastic memory. Not at all expecting to encounter the morons. Really sorry this problem continues.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who are these dopers? Local Boys? Maybe time for public shaming. I haven't encounterd this in the cabins yet but have run into some yahoo's boozing and being pretty rude when the ladies have been with us. Pretty much stay away from the cabins now.

Flyer

Reaction score
Found what we were looking for today. Thanks for the advise. Turns out she liked crawling slowly through the trees on narrow tracks. She's now qualified to go out on the trapline trip!

Met the guy who PM'd me with his friend, wife, and daughter. Thanks for the hospitality! Have your names, but respecting privacy. B, G, D, and M.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found what we were looking for today. Thanks for the advise. Turns out she liked crawling slowly through the trees on narrow tracks. She's now qualified to go out on the trapline trip!

Met the guy who PM'd me with his friend, wife, and daughter. Thanks for the hospitality! Have your names, but respecting privacy. B, G, D, and M.
Baaaaaaaa, I know who it is 😋

sent while drinking tea's

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not looking to good for any fresh when we come to ride mid wk. Only ride of the season so far & gonna make the best of it.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who are these dopers? Local Boys? Maybe time for public shaming. I haven't encounterd this in the cabins yet but have run into some yahoo's boozing and being pretty rude when the ladies have been with us. Pretty much stay away from the cabins now.

Ya, we aren't in the cabins very often but on those cold days do go in and start up the stove for others to warm up at. The problem with no one saying anything to this handful of morons is that eventually the rats will take over the cabin, simply because they don't mind living in their own crap. No one says anything to them at the time for fear of retaliation from some whacked out sledder, so they let it slide. Its not until some happens personally to them or family that they finally speak up, by then its sometimes to late. Pretty sad when your sledding day is consumed with getting high off some plant rather than the natural high from being outdoors with friends...

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, we aren't in the cabins very often but on those cold days do go in and start up the stove for others to warm up at. The problem with no one saying anything to this handful of morons is that eventually the rats will take over the cabin, simply because they don't mind living in their own crap. No one says anything to them at the time for fear of retaliation from some whacked out sledder, so they let it slide. Its not until some happens personally to them or family that they finally speak up, by then its sometimes to late. Pretty sad when your sledding day is consumed with getting high off some plant rather than the natural high from being outdoors with friends...
Maybe time for random visits from those RCMP on sleds like they do in Revelstoke. That will keep them smoking in the bush.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep the damn cops out of the cabins and the backcountry... its the only place I have left in this world without Big Brother breathing down my neck.
Then tell the lefty smokers to do it out side when you see it happen

Sicamous areas are family areas, with families using the cabins too, and a pot smoke filled cabin wrecks there day and mabe there trip

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree but lately things have gotten a little rude some days mostly on weekends. Wont be a problem for me midweek usually but how do we encourage the undesired element to choose another area. We do advertise Sicamous and in particular Owlhead/Blue lake as family friendly.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep the damn cops out of the cabins and the backcountry... its the only place I have left in this world without Big Brother breathing down my neck.

Really? Wow, if there're breathing down your neck everywhere you go I wouldn't be worrying about some cabin up on the hill. An attitude like that sounds more like part of the problem rather than the solution. I've also found in my experience that it's the ones that whine about the police that are the first to call them when the poop hits the fan, funny how that works. They can put police and cameras all over the place for all I care, if it helps catch dope smoking dirt bags then fly at!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are all listed as family friendly now to the cabins, and now there is cabins at all 4 areas, and the new high road trail through eagles

Flyer

Reaction score
A bit more police presence is also needed to make the new registration requirements work in favour of us honest sled owners. If submitting to some random trail checks helps gets weed and alcohol off the mountain, plus thefts deterred and stolen sleds recovered, then I'm in favour.

May I suggest free doughnuts at the cabins?:rolleyes:

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A bit more police presence is also needed to make the new registration requirements work in favour of us honest sled owners. If submitting to some random trail checks helps gets weed and alcohol off the mountain, plus thefts deterred and stolen sleds recovered, then I'm in favour.

Hey hey hey, easy now, the doughnut thing is just a myth, I always preferred ice cream at the Dairy Whore!!:cool:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ya it's funny, last year there presence was alot

Mind you I haven't been up since Christmas eve, but I haven't heard anyone even say they have seen the cops up or even at the lots checking

newbornrider

Reaction score
Guys its not that hard to go outside and smoke it ware other people aren't around like the trees. No different then going to a restaurant with family's there like u wouldn't spark up in a restaurant so treat the cabins the same way before we see more cops on the hills policing how guys ride and what we do and before we loose the privilege's to the beautiful cabins we have to use and warm up in. I know guys are probably stoned reading this but it's called common sense look it up in a dictionary if you can't figure it out.

Top Bottom