Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2016/17

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blue Lk today with a great crew, Billdozer, Lawn Dart and his Mrs., Tammy, and Todd and his Mrs., Shauna, and Martha. We were blessed with a well graded trail (grader was at 3km when we went up) so needless to say the road was a wee bit bumpy and pretty dirty! But, that was only until 16km and then it was snow and like a super hwy.
We did the backtrail into Cummings and found some reasonable snow, then worked up to the cabin but it fogged in pretty quick so we didn't hang around there long. It was the good old meadows a short distance from the cabin that gave us the best snow, a foot plus, and quite a bit of it untouched, especially down lower in the tree's. We spent quite a bit of time in this area before headed down through the gulley section and out to the trail and then back through Cummings.
Great day folks, glad to meet Tammy and Shauna, FYI, Shauna's first day out on the sled and she did fantastic, good job girl!! Tammy did very well too but I still can't figure out this thing with the ladies when its "break time", that they always have to go together? Can you imagine if guys did that!!!!! Billdozer did his usual stunt driving, barrel rolls, tree's, maybe just impressing the gals.......wait, he does that with me!! Lawn Dart shook a few trees', I clipped a couple, I think Todd was the only guy that didn't mess things up! Anyways, its always refreshing to go out with a crew like this one, no rush and everyone is looking out for each other. Oh, and I hope Martha is all OK now too!!!!!!!! Maybe see you Saturday!

Attachments

• 170126a.jpg
    170126a.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 290
  • 170126b.jpg
    170126b.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 290
  • 170126c.jpg
    170126c.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 301

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And I had to miss out because of a stupid drivers medical to become a real BC resident! Glad to see bulldozer hasn't changed lol

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed out in am ! Will c if u left any fresh for the weekenders !

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a few sleds outside the owl-head today.jpg cabin

when we came down there was a young fellow waiting for his fellow rider in the parking lot for some time and last had lost track of him in the trees between the owl head cabin and the 16.5 km trail junction we convinced him his friend was probably still up there looking for him so I went and got some more fuel to go back up and just got back when his buddy came down not to happy but it all worked out.

Reaction score
A few of us are headed down this way next week, snow conditions don't seem to be the best and not much showing in the terms of a reload. Is there still goods to be found?

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure lots of spots if you know where to look

Hey, that's my gulley!! Still untouched areas but you have to be willing to go down into "no mans land" and then its gravy! That's if you can get anyone else to follow you, right Todd!! Welcome to BC, Mr Nasty! Judging by the way you drive your sled those BC Plates you now have on your truck will blend in well with the rest of us lunatics living here!
Forgot to mention in yesterday's report, I found a set of avy probes on the way out, on the groomed trail. If you lost a set PM me with a description and I'll get them back to you.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well - headed to Blue today to find the untouched !headed up the short cut to lower meadows before the cabin - made our way down towards lower meadows west of cabin - main areas tracked out - but ventured past meadows and into lower benches and ravens that were untouched ! Made a loop and came up toward / midway of meadows - headed northeast to find alot of tracked up areas - headed as far as we could East to fin d visiblity getting worse and white out conditions ! headed back out ventured back toward lower meadows- played someone in some untouched and decided to head to eco! Made our way up through back way in to find alot of tracked up areas - then into Bob and over saddle - when we got into eco was pretty much soaked in - as we decented as got lower conditions got better and tracks disappeared - accept for ours - pretty much untouched ! Was great day ! Trail was in great shape - unfortunately first 2k are getting a little scarce for snow !

Flyer

Reaction score
Here in Sicamous tonight. Hoping to find a meadow somewhere that we can practice in. I have a rookie with me that needs a bit of coaching before we head to higher elevations. I've ridden here before, but I'm not sure I know where to look. Not asking for your favourite bowl, just a hidden meadow with a bit of fresh left. Any hints gratefully accepted. TIA.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best would be just past owlshead cabin on the lakes or right in front of the bluelake cabin on the training hills

sent while drinking tea's

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Yesterday I headed out without my wing man Sherm, had Lawn Dart, Todd and there wives with me as well as the infamous "Mountain Martha" headed to Queest hoping to get in behind saddle, however once again low cloud and no vis screwed up our plans. Headed down below the cabin and started towards the Golf Course, found some untouched and played in the trees until one of the ladies had an issue imitating my well know barrel roll into a tree. Back up to the cabin for lunch where there were about 20 folks for Saskatchewan outside the cabin low and behold everyone from Saskie is friendly and they either are related or know each other. After lunch headed back down below the cabin with the intention of a few of the guys working their way again towards the Golf Course and having the others play in the trees. Followed Lawn dart into trees and out into a fairly steep clear cut overlooking the lake, as we stopped to enjoy the view in pops 5 of the group we thought were staying in the flats. One was a young man who has been following Snow and Mud and bought `Ski Don`t` Shermanator model and matching helmut another with a new Polaris RMK Pro and then we had the guy who introduced himself as Hillbilly Jerry! See attached photos. After about 6 stucks from the guys it became evident talking to them never been in the mountains and the Mini Sherm was his first day on a sled. We realized dropping in that it would be a challenge getting them out of there, lined them up Lawn Dart gave excellent instructions and took the ladies up first then returned for the others, that proved to be entertaining to say the least with all getting out in the end except Hillbilly whose old Cat with a 141 track tried to bore a hole to china on the way out. In the end Lawn dart took the sled and drove it out like a scud missile. Best part the guys who traveled out in their mom`s

l Mini Sherm.jpg Scud.jpg Hillbilly.jpg suv and someones lawn tractor trailer for the sleds, had grins from ear to ear best day every sledding was the comments. Go figure Lo

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Yesterday I headed out without my wing man Sherm, had Lawn Dart, Todd and there wives with me as well as the infamous "Mountain Martha" headed to Queest hoping to get in behind saddle, however once again low cloud and no vis screwed up our plans. Headed down below the cabin and started towards the Golf Course, found some untouched and played in the trees until one of the ladies had an issue imitating my well know barrel roll into a tree. Back up to the cabin for lunch where there were about 20 folks for Saskatchewan outside the cabin low and behold everyone from Saskie is friendly and they either are related or know each other. After lunch headed back down below the cabin with the intention of a few of the guys working their way again towards the Golf Course and having the others play in the trees. Followed Lawn dart into trees and out into a fairly steep clear cut overlooking the lake, as we stopped to enjoy the view in pops 5 of the group we thought were staying in the flats. One was a young man who has been following Snow and Mud and bought `Ski Don`t` Shermanator model and matching helmut another with a new Polaris RMK Pro and then we had the guy who introduced himself as Hillbilly Jerry! See attached photos. After about 6 stucks from the guys it became evident talking to them never been in the mountains and the Mini Sherm was his first day on a sled. We realized dropping in that it would be a challenge getting them out of there, lined them up Lawn Dart gave excellent instructions and took the ladies up first then returned for the others, that proved to be entertaining to say the least with all getting out in the end except Hillbilly whose old Cat with a 141 track tried to bore a hole to china on the way out. In the end Lawn dart took the sled and drove it out like a scud missile. Best part the guys who traveled out in their mom`s

lView attachment 202278View attachment 202279View attachment 202280suv and someones lawn tractor trailer for the sleds, had grins from ear to ear best day every sledding was the comments. Go figure Lo
Someone got stuck more than u bill, that's great news for you

Joking

sent while drinking tea's

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's that old saying. "imitation is the finest form of flattery", obviously Mini Me doesn't sled like me as I would have just mowed that little tree down! Me and the gang from a couple days ago (yes, Mountain Martha too!) headed up to try the other side of Blue. No go, some previous injuries on some of the members of the flock and our newbie rider made us seek greener pastures! Its tracked out kids, beat to death, no matter where we went. Thanks to some ungracious sots who insist on tearing 4' trenches up packed trails, it made some spots inaccessible for more inexperienced riders, just plain stupid riding on some peoples parts, no reason to do that to a trail. So, we just kinda farted about until it was lunch time, heated up the muff pots on the nearby hills and had lunch in the cabin for a change. Other than no snow it was a nice day, great vis for a change/
For the crappy part, when we left the Blue Lk lot in the AM, there was a group of 4-5 morons, smoking their dope and having a couple of frosty pops before they left! One guy was yelling about the big crap he just had in the john and it was the steak sandwich giving him problems, like we care, you fricking idiot! If that wasn't bad enough, we make our way to the cabin and there they all are again, cabin door open, and they, they sparked up inside!! I go up to the cabin and they all flee it like rats on a ship, I tell them to quit smoking their **** in the cabin and they denie it! The cabin smells like crap now, and I tell the moron he's a liar and then he apologizes and is all " sorry man, we won't do that again" crap. What a bunch of losers, go find a avy somewhere, please, we don't need that crap on the hill because it'll be some innocent sledder that pays the price for your stupidity, really. Ya, legalize it, that'll work and, sure, its not addictive, stupid Liberal government. Did I mention we need more snow???

Top Bottom