Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2016/17

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For what its worth, Billdozer and I tried Queest, again, yesterday. I would have posted yesterday but by the time I got home and got in to the New Years swing of things I forgot! Basically we went to Queest for lunch, that was about it. Fogged in, again, we made it to just below the towers and you couldn't see 10' and flat light soooooooooooo, we opted out and looked lower for something. While most of the "family" stuff was totally tracked out and hard as rock, there were in fact many spots in the tree's that were untracked, but with crappy vis we chose the safe route and didn't go to far. We did venture lower where there was some vis and found some delectable spots that will be amazing, once we get another 6' or so of snow! I think sledders like Tex know where I'm talking about and its all out of the Caribou Closure area. Other than that, we did one BCAA call on the way down for a nice new Yammy that was off road right. Got in behind a sledder on the way down that went like a raped ape on the straight stretches and took naps in the corners. I finally managed to drift by him on a corner, yup, Alberta plate on the flap, go figure! Snowing like a bugger when we finally headed down, trail was rock hard and flat as a pancake, good job again groomer guys!! Happy New Year all!
Yup that's where I would have went

sent while drinking tea's

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a nice ride to blue today smooth trail except 0=2k. I am guessing about 60 sled's although about 10 sleds were heading up at about 4pm. discovered i lost my googles on the way back at km 23 after doing some tree/trail and cut block riding so we back tracked and found the in the tree's at about km 29. jon has an interesting helmet with the mouth piece on a hinge as well as vented googles that seal perfectly that come with lid. sm1.jpg sm2.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats the new CKX Titan I was reading about. Looks like a cool idea. Flip it open when stuck or needing a drink and helmet stays warm if its a cold day?

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats the new CKX Titan I was reading about. Looks like a cool idea. Flip it open when stuck or needing a drink and helmet stays warm if its a cold day?
yes thats the one it seals around the eyes extremely well absolutely no fogging up

Baraaaaaap Obama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got some friends looking to rent some new 850's in the Sicamous area... Anyone rented from CKMP, know what they are like to deal with? Says on their site you can rent to use at all 4 zones in town, $350... Thanks

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got some friends looking to rent some new 850's in the Sicamous area... Anyone rented from CKMP, know what they are like to deal with? Says on their site you can rent to use at all 4 zones in town, $350... Thanks
They are great to deal with. Both Carl and Marshall are super great guys.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trip to Eagles today with Billdozer and SledDawg, spectacular weather and area, you won't find any nicer. With that said, it was colder than a witches t&* on the way up, its surprising how cold it can get at 70 mph! This was actually my first trip to the new cabin, awesome, as is the location. Great grooming job Kenny, that's some trail you have to do, hats off to ya bud!
Sledding, I was the tour guide (for what little I know!) but the other guys hadn't been back on the hill, especially on such a sunny day. The snow is beat up for sure but there are the odd little pockets of untouched here and there. We didn't do Piper's this trip but stuck on the road to Monster Bowl, going about half way back. Not allot of sleds up there but a big area so really spread out. All in all a great day, need more snow (was actually surprised how little there is for this time of year) but with this area, when it does get a dump, its usually a pretty decent one! Oh ya, SledDawg got stuck in the middle of an open field, Billdozer did the patented Barrel Roll right in front of the cabin, and yes, I did get stuck, got a ski stuck on my ramp when I was unloading it!!

Attachments

• 170104a.jpg
    170104a.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 516
  • 170104b.jpg
    170104b.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 514

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got too love the blue bird days.... But dam cold last two days... Tuesday we hit owl heads... some spots we hit -25.. But blue bird... owls is tracker out and compacted... needs a reload .. Today we hit Queest..... Same thing dam cold on way up but beautiful blue bird day. Same conditions though track out and compacted, but a good day to explore and get too know the area better. Needs a reload also. Got too say though the groom trail in was better than some highways... in all my trips down here it is not too often you get two bluebird days in a row so the cold was worth it.

Thanks ....... Scotford

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Timbersled.jpeg
Timber 2.jpeg
For anyone riding up to Quest the AXE at the cabin is on its last leg. We rode there two days in a row. Was going to take up a new handle or AXE yesterday but forgot it in the shop. Told the trail attendant about it yesterday so she was going to let the club know so maybe the groomer could take one up. Just posted so if any club members here sees this they could double check that it gets done. ps. there is a broken axe head on the BBQ and the other one the fibreglass handle is only about 3/4 or an inch left right at the axe head.

And like Scotford says the trail up to Quest was amazing. Great job Sled Sicamous
PS Scotford it wasn't just ice #therealtimbersled #treemotion

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did u leave the axe parts with trail attendant??

Did some new shovels make it up there, all 3 where broken at start of the year

Good old tree motion eh, I've been meaning to take all three of mine off and weld extra gussets for that reason.... Guess will have to wait till summer

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 201585
View attachment 201586
For anyone riding up to Quest the AXE at the cabin is on its last leg. We rode there two days in a row. Was going to take up a new handle or AXE yesterday but forgot it in the shop. Told the trail attendant about it yesterday so she was going to let the club know so maybe the groomer could take one up. Just posted so if any club members here sees this they could double check that it gets done. ps. there is a broken axe head on the BBQ and the other one the fibreglass handle is only about 3/4 or an inch left right at the axe head.

And like Scotford says the trail up to Quest was amazing. Great job Sled Sicamous
PS Scotford it wasn't just ice #therealtimbersled #treemotion
Love the new tree motion you got going there bud ... lol

Thanks ....... Scotford

wooleybulley

Reaction score
Comming down from eagles pass last night a little after 6 pm I lost 3 klim power cross gloves and a hatchet and also a pair of pit viper sunglasses, if anyone came across these items I would love to get them back. I didn't realize my powder keg opened up and I was almost back to the truck when I realized it was open, had already gone past the groomer so didn't want to go back up
please pm me if anyone found anything or email da_bulley@hotmail.com
thanks

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Comming down from eagles pass last night a little after 6 pm I lost 3 klim power cross gloves and a hatchet and also a pair of pit viper sunglasses, if anyone came across these items I would love to get them back. I didn't realize my powder keg opened up and I was almost back to the truck when I realized it was open, had already gone past the groomer so didn't want to go back up
please pm me if anyone found anything or email da_bulley@hotmail.com
thanks
Call sled club and see if Groomer picked it up, they have lost and found

Sled sicamous website

Top Bottom