Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2016/17

Ray509

Reaction score
Eagles was sickkkk , stupid deep, crazy to see the creeks around frenchie ledge still flowing water! need another 3-4 feet . blue was good too but pretty wind blown, good powder stashes to be found tho.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Eagles was sickkkk , stupid deep, crazy to see the creeks around frenchie ledge still flowing water! need another 3-4 feet . blue was good too but pretty wind blown, good powder stashes to be found tho.
you hit eagles and blue in the same day LOL

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trip up to Blue with Billdozer today. At the parking lot in Owl's at 0830, an absolute zoo! That and nothing like starting the day with some second hand dope smoke wafting through the air, great to be wasted before you even hit the trail, idiots.
The trail was just groomed but thanks to some morons who seem to insist on "brapp brapp brapp"ing their sleds right from the bottom all the way up, it started to show wear on many of the corners, right down to the dirt!!
Snow, phenomenal, we hit the first meadows before the cabin and had the fresh 2+ feet of fresh snow all to ourselves! Off on the side trails it was over the lights, simply wonderful! Billdozer practiced his riding style even before we got there and found out just how deep the ditches really were on the main trail, thanks to the guys that got him out before I got back to him, luckily I got a pic! We headed to the cabin where there were the usual 892 people standing around, that and complete carnage on the nearby hills with sleds upside down and stuck everywhere, simply beautiful. We went below the cabin, again, many untouched areas and headlight deep white stuff, that and a couple of fairly deep creeks of which I found one, just marking it for other riders was all! It was here we met a great couple from Dawson Creek, Jonathan and Judy, and gave them a open invite to join us for the day and we'd show them a couple spots, if they didn't mind following old buggers who at most times had no idea what they were doing. We had a blast and we all got stuck at one point or another, great to meet you guys, give us a call anytime, preferably once my back and knees heal up!! The snow in many of our usual playing areas was "weird", bottomless in one spot and then rock hard in another, that and many of the dozer ditches and creeks are still wide open and deep. Slush on Cummings Lk so we didn't venture across, trees in the clearcuts are still a huge hazard, right Billy! We met one fella who hit a 600 lb boulder that had a spear shaped top to it, he careened into his bars so we got him going and then got his son unstuck, we were kinda the BCAA crew on the hill today! Anyways, awesome day, the trail down not so much, totally FUBAR'd from Blue all the way down, talk about an ordeal making it to the bottom. Talked to Uncle Gord, 325 riders blessed that trail today, think I'll wait for a little more snow and less traffic before venturing out again!!!

Attachments

• 161227a.jpg
    161227a.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 329
  • 161227i.jpg
    161227i.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 322
  • 161227h.jpg
    161227h.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 325
  • 161227g.jpg
    161227g.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 338
  • 161227f.jpg
    161227f.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 341
  • 161227e.jpg
    161227e.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 327
  • 161227d.jpg
    161227d.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 331
  • 161227c.jpg
    161227c.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 349
  • 161227b.jpg
    161227b.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 344

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I checked out the lake last week it had no signs of being thin. The weight of the snow might be causing overflow on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tex found the 174 a little much for him to handle and broke his old self trying to man handle it. He no ride no more maybe this year.

Now now

I hit the hill and hole first,, call me the stump filter

If I was on my other sled, or any sled probably would have been the same outcome

sent while drinking tea's

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Buddy you ok?
Now now

I hit the hill and hole first,, call me the stump filter

If I was on my other sled, or any sled probably would have been the same outcome

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something I neglected to mention from Billdozer's and our last outing, getting old! So we're headed up from the parking lot and start our BCAA tour, at 2km there's a guy with a Cat and his motor is blown. He's got help on the way, so we move on. At 6km there's another group stopped and hood up, so we stop to render assistance again. Two guys and a couple of nice young ladies! The gal's come over to us and ask if we have some vice grips, you notice the guys didn't ask? One of the young ladies looks at my sled and says " I love your sled!!!", to which Billdozer replies "what about mine!". The young lady took a second glance at Billdozer's and says, and this is worthy of the "Kick In The Sack" trophy for Billy, she says, and I quote, "ITS A POLARIS" ! Sorry buddy, its not just me! Tex, let me know when you have the fire going at Blue and I'll stop in and console you!

Attachments

• IMG_1637.jpg
    IMG_1637.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 228

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something I neglected to mention from Billdozer's and our last outing, getting old! So we're headed up from the parking lot and start our BCAA tour, at 2km there's a guy with a Cat and his motor is blown. He's got help on the way, so we move on. At 6km there's another group stopped and hood up, so we stop to render assistance again. Two guys and a couple of nice young ladies! The gal's come over to us and ask if we have some vice grips, you notice the guys didn't ask? One of the young ladies looks at my sled and says " I love your sled!!!", to which Billdozer replies "what about mine!". The young lady took a second glance at Billdozer's and says, and this is worthy of the "Kick In The Sack" trophy for Billy, she says, and I quote, "ITS A POLARIS" ! Sorry buddy, its not just me! Tex, let me know when you have the fire going at Blue and I'll stop in and console you!

What were they fixing? A broken Doo throttle cable? Lol.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds good

My smart azz buddy made this up for me, but I've had him tow me down on the sled, and no one kept up with us lol

So I'm scared lmfao

Top Bottom