Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2016/17

Nikm17

Reaction score
If anyone picked up a set of skidoo ski tips today on the owlshead trail in the first few km, they were mine mine. Please let me know, I'm in sicamous until Thursday

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard to believe that there are no snow reports from, anyone! Must have been waiting for me or something? Anyways, Billdozer and I thought we'd try Queest again, my bad, should have gone for good old Blue! Nice trail on the way up, I want to thank everyone for staying in one track, it gave me a nice smooth HOV lane on the way up and down today! Whiteout up top! It was snowing, and blowing, and socked in so bad that, we actually stayed in the cabin for a good hour and a half! We tried to go out once but that didn't work so well so waited out the storm. There were those that showed up and sparked up a fatty out on the deck to build up some courage and then away they went, good riddance! Hey, we go up to sled, not to get wasted, local businessman too who rents the snow bikes. Wait, maybe it was a Players Light they were passing back and forth, my bad again!
We met up with some fine Saskatchewan guys in the cabin, great crew, we had some laughs, and then met up with a couple of Kamlooper's and Ft. St. John'eons and another great crew, nice to meet you guys. We finally wandered out noonish and just hit the lower lakes near the cabin, lots of deep snow in the tree's, Billdozer practiced his barrel roll into another creek bed first and then did the tree well thing, I think he's trying to take away Big Nasty's role as "tree guardian" or something?? Then the Sasky guys found a beauty tree well, well done guys, a big two thumbs up for that one! We did the best we could with the weather we had, snowed pretty much all day but windy as hell and fogged in from the warmer temps, do what you can!
A bone to pick, as usual, on the way down there was that local businessman's truck parked at 4.5 km !! He drove up the fricking trail! I checked the website before I headed up, it said all hills staging from the bottom and to please not drive on the trails. I even spoke to the trail pass lady and we talked about the same thing, and staging at the bottom it was. What a slap in the face for those visiting when a local does this sort of arrogant stunt, what makes him so much better than the other 12 trucks parked at the very bottom of the hill, where they are supposed to be. You run a business in town, grab a brain! Maybe if you laid off the Players Light I wouldn't have to be up in a helicopter again and picking you up out of some drainage you shouldn't have been in, just saying...

Attachments

• 161220a.jpg
    161220a.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 357
  • 161220b.jpg
    161220b.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 354

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Sherm, we both know who it was now

And u know what, I'm really getting pissed off at the snow bike sh!t and how there sh!t don't stink, bastages

sent while drinking tea's

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Video of the Patented Barrel Roll Sherm is jealous of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6iJS0-XFLM#action=share

Hard to believe that there are no snow reports from, anyone! Must have been waiting for me or something? Anyways, Billdozer and I thought we'd try Queest again, my bad, should have gone for good old Blue! Nice trail on the way up, I want to thank everyone for staying in one track, it gave me a nice smooth HOV lane on the way up and down today! Whiteout up top! It was snowing, and blowing, and socked in so bad that, we actually stayed in the cabin for a good hour and a half! We tried to go out once but that didn't work so well so waited out the storm. There were those that showed up and sparked up a fatty out on the deck to build up some courage and then away they went, good riddance! Hey, we go up to sled, not to get wasted, local businessman too who rents the snow bikes. Wait, maybe it was a Players Light they were passing back and forth, my bad again!
We met up with some fine Saskatchewan guys in the cabin, great crew, we had some laughs, and then met up with a couple of Kamlooper's and Ft. St. John'eons and another great crew, nice to meet you guys. We finally wandered out noonish and just hit the lower lakes near the cabin, lots of deep snow in the tree's, Billdozer practiced his barrel roll into another creek bed first and then did the tree well thing, I think he's trying to take away Big Nasty's role as "tree guardian" or something?? Then the Sasky guys found a beauty tree well, well done guys, a big two thumbs up for that one! We did the best we could with the weather we had, snowed pretty much all day but windy as hell and fogged in from the warmer temps, do what you can!
A bone to pick, as usual, on the way down there was that local businessman's truck parked at 4.5 km !! He drove up the fricking trail! I checked the website before I headed up, it said all hills staging from the bottom and to please not drive on the trails. I even spoke to the trail pass lady and we talked about the same thing, and staging at the bottom it was. What a slap in the face for those visiting when a local does this sort of arrogant stunt, what makes him so much better than the other 12 trucks parked at the very bottom of the hill, where they are supposed to be. You run a business in town, grab a brain! Maybe if you laid off the Players Light I wouldn't have to be up in a helicopter again and picking you up out of some drainage you shouldn't have been in, just saying...

driller

Reaction score
Now that was awesome some great timing there well done even had the presents of mind to clear the track when it was in the air.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went up Owls today and saw no tracks heading over to Blue. The wind was howling from the top so I figured we could get behind it. We did and we even had sunshine for an hour or so.

Hard to believe there are so many spots that haven't seen a track. It was a long one. Nothing like being the last truck in the staging area

c45d9c610eccde300c69ff96f360a2af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snow Bro

Reaction score
Went up to Eagles with 800mxzx today. A bit tricky making it up the last 500m from the groomed trail to the cabin...if you choose not to use the single track trail enjoy the bottomless pow and shoveling.
Blowing and snowing hard all afternoon. The lake beneath the cabin was the main attraction and deep. Visibility was poor and few ventured further than the lake...snow is great up top.
Enjoy...

Rkwhite

Reaction score
That barrel roll would make me nervous, you don't want to get hung up in that track...... Well executed though!

dadlts

Reaction score
Hi gents, good to see your having snow,! we are coming out in jan after the Christmas & new-year rush , hope you leave some for us ! we stayed at the sundog a couple of times and know that Greg & Val have moved on (sadly) just wondering about other options for B&B ? any recommendations ?

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi gents, good to see your having snow,! we are coming out in jan after the Christmas & new-year rush , hope you leave some for us ! we stayed at the sundog a couple of times and know that Greg & Val have moved on (sadly) just wondering about other options for B&B ? any recommendations ?
Joe smucks has individual cabins with a restaurant on the property. Best western is nice as well with free breakfast. Both tim's and Joe smucks are within walking distance.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Owls nest b and b

ren

Reaction score
Hey y'all. Finally got my sled put back together after crunching my s-mod early season.
Looking for riding partners in the Okanagan anywhere from Kelowna to Sicamous as I just moved here this summer.
I work nights so can ride any day.
Intermediate rider, new machine, AST 2,.....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all. Finally got my sled put back together after crunching my s-mod early season.
Looking for riding partners in the Okanagan anywhere from Kelowna to Sicamous as I just moved here this summer.
I work nights so can ride any day.
Intermediate rider, new machine, AST 2,.....
If your looking pm me day to day

Also try nobodyridesalone on Facebook

Top Bottom