Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2016/17

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just so everyone knows we don't always get stuck, I actually got some pics from my fellow cohorts from yesterday showing that we do indeed stay above snow level, some times! And, that Jared (maybe spelled right this time!) on his blue Poo dosen't always mate with trees!

Attachments

• 161211h.jpg
    161211h.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 497
  • 161211g.jpg
    161211g.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 486
  • 161211i.jpg
    161211i.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 497

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode queest the last 2 days and as for the people driving up past km 6 I don't know who they are but I don't see anything wrong with it they are not hurting the trail in any way I just think that the people bitching is the ones with trailers who park at the bottom of the hill but that's just my 2 cents worth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode queest the last 2 days and as for the people driving up past km 6 I don't know who they are but I don't see anything wrong with it they are not hurting the trail in any way I just think that the people bitching is the ones with trailers who park at the bottom of the hill but that's just my 2 cents worth

Well I wasn't one of the ones with the trailers, I was at 6km where the grooming started. Really, nothing wrong with it? So why not just drive up to 15 km, or even to the cabin for that matter. There's big bucks spent by the Club to keep the trail groomed for SLEDS, not for motor vehicles, and sledders pay big bucks to have that trail groomed for THEM, not for motor vehicles. Why set a bad precedent at the beginning of the year by doing it. In past years they had the same problem and had to finally block the trail off, it is in fact wrong to drive on a groomed trail, and I'm thinking the Club would agree with that..........

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

On noooooooooooooo friggin way should any body drive past at Groomer on a groomed trail dude, come on a 12 year old would know this basic sh!t

So your saying quads can ride up to the cabin and make fawking ruts and b.s the hole way

I hope you were not serious about thinking it was OK and just fibbing

sent while drinking tea's

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail is hard they didn't hurt it , I parked at km 6 also and I'm not complaining

Russty

Reaction score
Hey guys we are heading out to sicamous for the first time tomorrow and was wondering what were some good areas to go check out for the first time?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys we are heading out to sicamous for the first time tomorrow and was wondering what were some good areas to go check out for the first time?
Think of guide too mabe

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail is hard they didn't hurt it , I parked at km 6 also and I'm not complaining

Not really the point of the post's JJ, the fact that your not complaining. I suppose because no one was coming down the trail on a sled when they were driving up on the groomed portion and collided with the truck, that it still makes it "OK" to drive on a groomed trail. Anyways, one of those morons that were parked at 8km were staying at the BW and they were last seen this AM headed West, outta town, on the hunt for another groomed trail I suspect!

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well - getting pretty anxious to get out again - but do to early family functions prior to xmas and ma ham at work havent been able to get out for last few weeks - looking forward to getting out after xmas for week to get some riding in !

kuervers

Reaction score
Making a trip to sicamous this friday for 4 days of riding with 8 other guys.
might be stupid question but can i guy climb up the waterfall at eagles?
where would be the best to take advantage of the monday snow forecasted for are last day on tues?
lakes frozen at eagles and blue?
skinny ridge passable to head over to mara lookout?
both trips last year were with 10ft plus snow so not sure how the five feet will change the terrain
Thanks in advance

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went across skinny last Sunday, and the Sunday before

As long as it shoveled and not trenched out your good to go

Eagles I always wait till closer to Christmas to ride, unless it's been a deep epic year, as it has big stumps, rocks, ect

Lakes should be frozen good now as it's been cold

Been across Morton Lake the last 2 prior weekends

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for the guy who rode a xm with a John deer wrap at owls cabin yesterday... buddy of mine left his avi pack at the cabin and I heard you brought it down . Anyone know how I can reach this guy

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for the guy who rode a xm with a John deer wrap at owls cabin yesterday... buddy of mine left his avi pack at the cabin and I heard you brought it down . Anyone know how I can reach this guy

hope someone can help you out. How were the conditions?

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Conditions were wicked , blue bird sky last 2 days just a bit cold but not complaining lol

Ray509

Reaction score
Eagles has been claiming a lot of parts lately, but its headlight deep in areas, most chutes are super tricky the ex:the rock at the top of doghouse is sticking out a few feet, last year same time it was covered,queest is good but I left sicamous a few days ago due to the areas being so badly tracked out, you really have to search for the deep stuff.

Ray509

Reaction score
P.s a good idea would be to contact eagle Valley lodge the owner will be able to steer you in the right direction.

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got the pack back today , I don't think they were going to turn it in . My buddy approached them and asked if they took it from the cabin and he said yes it's in the truck we were going to drop it off before we left town ( yeal right ) they are from Manitoba driving a white dodge

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got the pack back today , I don't think they were going to turn it in . My buddy approached them and asked if they took it from the cabin and he said yes it's in the truck we were going to drop it off before we left town ( yeal right ) they are from Manitoba driving a white dodge

Ya seen them last nite at h20, had a 146 free ride guy was having issues with

Top Bottom