Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2016/17

tnichols10

Reaction score
Anyone have any updates on the current condition for access to Hunter's Range? Looking to head up there tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jerrydecoy

Reaction score
Rode eagles pass yesterday. Parked at 12km. Trail is was not too bad. Spent the afternoon across the lakes in front of the cabin. Still need more snow but it was surprisingly good. Plenty of land mines but it was definitely worth the trip. Didn't probe it and I'm sure there is less then what we rode at frisby on Thursday but it seemed like there was way more fresh on top at eagles

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode eagles pass yesterday. Parked at 12km. Trail is was not too bad. Spent the afternoon across the lakes in front of the cabin. Still need more snow but it was surprisingly good. Plenty of land mines but it was definitely worth the trip. Didn't probe it and I'm sure there is less then what we rode at frisby on Thursday but it seemed like there was way more fresh on top at eagles

How far are trailers driving up?

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big group of us hit Blue Lk yesterday, Billdozer, Lawn Dart, Todd.......can't remember everyone else but 7 of us anyways. Unloading at 6km but the 2 km after that pretty dismal for snow, groomer parked around 9km, trail only groomed to the connector and was crapola after that. Not that I would know, my rear end gave out on me at the connector and I had to bail on the group, some poor mechaniking on my part! Took the skid apart for "maintenance" last week and didn't put the spring slider blocks the right way around, and it wasn't until I had an extra 20lbs of ice built up under the tunnel that it failed! Didn't realize what the problem was until back at the truck, go figure. Anyways, the rest of the crew bounced their way to the cabin, found some decent snow in the vicinity and proceeded to do what they do best, getting stuck, but had a great day! I'm only doing this report up for Billdozer as he's off sledding again today! Oh, Billdozer did get the award for the deepest hole! See you guys tomorrow....

Attachments

• 161209b.jpg
    161209b.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 416
  • 161209c.jpg
    161209c.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 416
  • 161209d.jpg
    161209d.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 405
  • 161209a.jpg
    161209a.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 408

Symesko

Reaction score
Rode Owlshead today. Needs snow down low badly. They are parking enclosed trailers in parking lot, and have to ride 6km of sketchy snow/rock/dirt. Groomer was parked at 7 when we came down. Lots of half filled creeks up top, but some really good pockets of snow if you look in the trees.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we had a big crew to do Queest today, the usual Lawn Dart, Toddaroony , Billdozer, some new guys I hadn't sledded with before, Gerrad and two other guys who wore bra's??? Maybe a different story, anyways, we had a great day! I must say we gave " G Cubed" (Groomer Guy Glenn) a solid 11 out of 10 for the grooming job, absolutely perfect, what a treat!
We couldn't go venturing to far from the cabin area, socked in past the Saddle so we kinda caused mayhem in all the areas before that. It was a classic day, Billdozer performing his Barrel Rolls, one was even into a creekbed, definite Cirque De Solei material!! Then there was Gerrad who had a fascination with tree's of all sizes, he just couldn't seem to leave them alone! I take the blame for being the leader and having to go back to various areas to witness the carnage caused by my erratic path through oblivion, I told them to quit following me!! Anyways, it is getting tracked out, we did find some nice deep snow but mostly in the tight tree areas (right Gerrad!!) but it was deep! Creeks are still open (Bill !) and getting further and further down, go figure. All in all we had a blast, more snow please, thanks for the fun day boys!
Oh, one bone of contention, we parked at 6km where the grooming started, when we came down there were 5 trucks parked up at 8km, drove over the groomed trail!!! Get a brain, there was tons of parking 100 ft down the road from where we were parked. I guess its time to start parking the drag across the trail to prevent this....

Attachments

• 161211e.jpg
    161211e.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 434
  • 161211d.jpg
    161211d.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 431
  • 161211c.jpg
    161211c.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 447
  • 161211b.jpg
    161211b.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 419
  • 161211a.jpg
    161211a.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 441
  • 161211f.jpg
    161211f.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 429

Xfmontana

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF what goes through a guys head to think it ok to drive on a groomed trail? Can't believe some people, losers.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well crap, you guys should have come over to North queest, we came up back way, into potato patch

Had fresh tracks all day up the maw burn on

Then a buddy decided to try going side ways and got messed up right above a 1000 foot cliff to the gorge

Walked down to his dumb azz and packed a 1/ 2 km trail up for him and got him out

sent while drinking tea's

Symesko

Reaction score
Rode Queest today. Got over saddle when it was clear. Had never been there before, so not really sure where we went? Snow was deep and we broke a trail into some areas where the turbos could have some fun. Found the caribou closure, so assuming we were near North Queest or Golf Course area.

Left a bit of snow for the next groups.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Queest today. Got over saddle when it was clear. Had never been there before, so not really sure where we went? Snow was deep and we broke a trail into some areas where the turbos could have some fun. Found the caribou closure, so assuming we were near North Queest or Golf Course area.

Yes if ya seen the signs then that's where ya were

sent while drinking tea's

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the trucks was a well known local he know's who he is :nono:

Yeah even better when it's the "local I live here I can do whatever I like" but it's always the tourists who get the blame.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My experience is it usually is the local. Driving up early to avoid the trail fee too. Sad but I've seen it first-hand.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The first Caribou closure signs will start right below the Saddle, in that clearing off to your left when you take the plunge. We started putting them up there then ran them all the way to the Golf Course, skirting the Meadows along the way.......

Top Bottom