E-TECH Clutch Torque Specs?

PBNFLD

Reaction score
I'm gonna be changing out the spring in my primary and the spring/helix in my secondary, and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the torque specs for both clutches. The service manual is over $100, so I wont be going that route. The main one I'm worried about is the primary bolt because I've herd horror stories about the new Doo primary coming off if not torqued right. The sled is a 2012 800 e-tech freeride.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once it is torqued, bring it up to rpm and engage the clutch if possible, or wait to you get to your first ride and run it for a moment and re-torque.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy just bought the manual and it says Torque it to 85 to 92 Ft/lbs (so 88 ish) then either ride it or on a track stand run the sled and hit the brakes three times. Then re torque the bolt. Then after 10 hrs of riding re torque again. (personally I would keep checking it until it quits moving and even then check it once in awhile)

Fyi maybe you know this already but the clutch is timed to the crank shaft for balancing reasons.

Last edited:

PBNFLD

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for the info on this. And Vets07, I will be getting one of those discs. Thanks for the link.

Top Bottom