Dynotech Test of 850

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will answer the question to this and the answer is the answer, bRP does not tune down the sled, its funny when I told the head engineer this, he laughed. Again guys can dream up anything and say it and guys will take it as true, look at the rumours before the release, funny some actually think the rumours are true and get disappointed, Same with track as guys who had never seen the track think it is like 2007-09, its not. Funny stuff in here.
So if they don't re-tune the sleds for production why did they hang onto 163.9 HP out of the 800 for so many years to now say the new 850 has 10 more at 165? Just because they hype it up to be the greatest thing people are going to forget they bull chitted their way on the house power race for 5 years ?

I laugh at the imagineers on their current math skills.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will answer the question to this and the answer is the answer, bRP does not tune down the sled, its funny when I told the head engineer this, he laughed. Again guys can dream up anything and say it and guys will take it as true, look at the rumours before the release, funny some actually think the rumours are true and get disappointed, Same with track as guys who had never seen the track think it is like 2007-09, its not. Funny stuff in here.

do these sleds have serial numbers and production ID badging or just the prototype info on the tunnel because they are not able to be sold,

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Maybe a good question to ask that head engineer would be how the BRP advertised stock HP of 163.5 was used in most promo's , but now in 17 , the promos are promising a 10 HP increase to 165 horse. That is one of the funny things in here I think. Honest question, not fishing.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe a good question to ask that head engineer would be how the BRP advertised stock HP of 163.5 was used in most promo's , but now in 17 , the promos are promising a 10 HP increase to 165 horse. That is one of the funny things in here I think. Honest question, not fishing.
only been expressed and addressed a dozen times or so. fish on

beating_a_dead_horse_by_pjperez.jpg

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a Skidoo owner, its pretty sad they advertised 163.9hp and now 165hp with the new one. They should have just advertised their actual numbers instead of some third party numbers, regardless of why.

I doubt they change the tune, why would they tune it up then tune it down for release? They would want feedback on the actual product and how it performs. That's seems more logical to me. Not like the average rider can even feel a couple hp plus or minus.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Cat engine was the only 800 that would run with the ETEC for the last few years. Now it is 10 more hp. Should be the one to beat hp wise. Like Foxstar said. Thats all that really matters isn't it?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
read more, post less
X2

If clown pants would read instead of just sprackin off all the time he would have seen it a month ago or more where someone posted the disclaimer that was at the bottom of every ad that said the hp was based on independent testing.

Misleading? Maybe. But that's why you should always read the fine print. And I doubt it was a lead engineer that did this. More than likely it was the advertising dept.

Now BRP says it's 165 hp. Their numbers.

So there it is. Can we move on now?

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lenny, I think you're a bad poster. Post less. Way less. You can learn more from reading than you can teach from posting.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big questions will be once this 850 is BB.. Will it be over 200hp.. And what boost will it take to get over the 250hp mark

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big questions will be once this 850 is BB.. Will it be over 200hp.. And what boost will it take to get over the 250hp mark

Fred ? You know there is no way this motor with the stock cylinder's bored out and ported will make a extra real world 35 hp extra?
I would guess 185 +/- in reality.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2

If clown pants would read instead of just sprackin off all the time he would have seen it a month ago or more where someone posted the disclaimer that was at the bottom of every ad that said the hp was based on independent testing.

Misleading? Maybe. But that's why you should always read the fine print. And I doubt it was a lead engineer that did this. More than likely it was the advertising dept.

Now BRP says it's 165 hp. Their numbers.

So there it is. Can we move on now?

X2. Misleading . And thanks.

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The answer is that you are a troll, cruising the BRP threads.

You are like the guy in the neighbourhood that no one likes and JUST WON'T GO AWAY.

(this is the time Lenny replies by saying something lame)

Not gonna learn much from you apparently, not surprising , you spew mostly BRP rhetoric . maybe someone who knows the answer could chime in.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fred ? You know there is no way this motor with the stock cylinder's bored out and ported will make a extra real world 35 hp extra?
I would guess 185 +/- in reality.

I agree, since the new engine is so compact I doubt there is much room for a bore increase without affecting the ports, I was kinda surprised they did this. The zook motor is a little bigger and a few pounds heavier but leaves lots of room for displacement increase. It will be interesting to see where they go with this motor since it's not cost effective to have to design another motor for more displacement if Cat puts out a bigger 2-smoke (they like displacement) in the next 2 years

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Considering the exotic coating and HD ring lands in the pistons I wonder if a stroker may not be a very viable option. Once a guy goes BB you'd probably lose these features.

For what its worth, although still not completely verified, but I understand the motor has room to grow. Have not been told which way but this is from a source close to Valcourt.

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes barrys n/a carbon sled just kicks butt plan and simple.. It's one in a million

hes climbing some very aggressive lines, have to line them all up because there might be a few sad turbo sleds after.. That good

as for the bb on the 850 .. I had heard there was ways around the ring and coating changes

Fredw! It's gonna need lots of boost to get by Alrevsrules carbon buggy and your cheater sled!!lol

Top Bottom