DURAFLEX Ice Scratchers

Trinity Taz

Reaction score
FYI:

You spoke, we listened.
The ALL NEW DURAFLEX Ice Scratchers really are new from the ground up.
Here is a list of the changes we made per public request:
Cable:
New larger diameter uncoated cable, zinc plated for rust resistance. This new cable is shorter, stiffer and much more durable than the previous. This change equates into 2x more ground pressure, insane durability, less weight, less cost and unlimited cold resistance.
Tips:
Carbide tips are now standard issue resulting in unmatched durability and performance.
Crimps:
We now use a double collared crimp that eliminates splitting while increasing the hold on the cable. Less pullouts and more durability are the gains.
Knurled mounting surface:
Say goodbye to lost scratchers. We created a knurled mounting surface that locks the scratcher and sliderail into one piece, eliminating spinning bolts and lost parts.
More downward angle:
We increased the downward angle by 15* to increase downpressure and decrease unhooking incidents when the scratcher is stowed on the rail.
Ease of installation:
DURAFLEX scratchers now come completely assembled (RED LOCTITE now included on all threads) and are clearly marked for Left or Right application. You simply remove each side from the all new packaging and install with just one bolt.
...all of these changes were made in response to your input, thoroughly tested and are now made the new standard.
So give the ALL NEW DURAFLEX scratchers a try...as always, we stand behind our products 100%. You wont be disappointed.
[/CENTER"]www.betweenthelinesdesigns.com"][/URL][/CENTER[/URL]]
Thanks to all of our customers and patrons. Have a great upcoming season!​

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great to hear of all the upgrades especially the knureled mounting surface. I thought i found a spare scratcher one ride, then found out it was mine!
Only one side always comes loose on me (the drivers side). A left hand thread would help resolve the problem. As the drivers side gets pushed up it naturally wants to unscrew. The passenger side it naturally wants to tighten.
I'm not sure how I will resolve the problem yet with the ones I have. Don't really want to fork out more cash for new ones. I'll figure out something.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know, was thinking the same thing but how do you say what side of the sled you are talking about... left side as you ride it? I figured everyone would know what side the drivers side is.

Trinity Taz

Reaction score
Try this, it works...
Using a sharp chisel punch and a light hammer, indent a radial pattern onto the mounting surface so that it resembles a cartoon of the suns rays around the mounting bolt hole. Make sure to make fairly deep indentations but dont damage the threads. Next put red loctite on the threads and install using only the split washer on the backside and no toothed washer between the rail and scratcher as before. Tighten to 40 ft/lbs and dont look back.

Think Snow!

Top Bottom