Duckett Skidded...Hows the Cookie now??

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Finally the biggest mistake Alberta Health has ever had to deal with is gone, but too bad the taxpayers are on the hook for 680k in serverence...

A kick in the berries would be more fitting...

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally the biggest mistake Alberta Health has ever had to deal with is gone, but too bad the taxpayers are on the hook for 680k in serverence...

I agree.

I hope this is a good lesson to all the other politicians out there that you are accountable to the taxpayers to justify your actions, you can't just act like a total fawkin' tool and say "I'm eating a cookie - I don't have to answer your questions" becuz yes....actually you do. That moron got what was coming - too bad the precedent that desperately needed to be set cost the taxpayers $680 K - they should have just fired him and fought the severance package lawsuit in court, probably could have settled him for under $400 K including lawyer fees.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree.

I hope this is a good lesson to all the other politicians out there that you are accountable to the taxpayers to justify your actions, you can't just act like a total fawkin' tool and say "I'm eating a cookie - I don't have to answer your questions" becuz yes....actually you do. That moron got what was coming - too bad the precedent that desperately needed to be set cost the taxpayers $680 K - they should have just fired him and fought the severance package lawsuit in court, probably could have settled him for under $400 K including lawyer fees.

He's not a politician, he was appointed by politicians. There is no accountability in this province for politicians(unless you piss off the Premier, then you get kicked out of caucus). No matter what happens The same morons keep getting elected....

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree.

Now we need to get the fawker that hired him out, and teach these clowns how to negotiate a contract with a performance clause or two.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He's not a politician, he was appointed by politicians.

To me - if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, etc. to say he wasn't a politician is playing semantics really IMO. He was, in effect for all intents and purposes, a figurehead/leader, appointed in a government role. The fact that the fine people of this province and the opposition were calling for blood meant that Stelmach had to stand up and take action or risk losing more public favour. You would be naive to think that the Premier's office didn't have any opinion on the decision. So call him whatever we want, my point being that he, as a government employee, was accountable to the residents of this province, just like our politicians. And if he can be fired, so can they.

Let's hope this is a stepping stone, hopefully one that makes politicians (like Orrin stated - the politicians who appointed him) stand up and take note that if you think you are not accountable and act arrogant........ when the taxpayers come calling, you better be ready to pack your sh!t.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To me - if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, etc. to say he wasn't a politician is playing semantics really IMO. He was, in effect for all intents and purposes, a figurehead/leader, appointed in a government role. The fact that the fine people of this province and the opposition were calling for blood meant that Stelmach had to stand up and take action or risk losing more public favour. You would be naive to think that the Premier's office didn't have any opinion on the decision. So call him whatever we want, my point being that he, as a government employee, was accountable to the residents of this province, just like our politicians. And if he can be fired, so can they.

Let's hope this is a stepping stone, hopefully one that makes politicians (like Orrin stated - the politicians who appointed him) stand up and take note that if you think you are not accountable and act arrogant........ when the taxpayers come calling, you better be ready to pack your sh!t.

As a CEO of a major public orginazation he needed to be much more "political" and see to the public relations of his post. I hope in the future that more people realize what an election really is, it's a job application and we as the public are doing the hiring. We just can't blindly keep electing the PC's in this province, Special Ed has got to go.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The health care isssue is the same in other provinces they all have waiting problems. This Duckett could have said to the reporter we just had the meeting we are going to Analyze it and we will get back to you, instead of the cookie crap.
What a Sh1t head deport the idiot back to Austrailia with no buy out. I am p!ssed at the whole situation. My wife has a freind in Quebec and the waits are the same there, so it is not only here.
This goes back to Ralph Klein when he cut I think it was 5,000 nurses way back, and before that it was Don Getty where every town of 300 people or so had new hospitals.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks he is gone and took one director that supported him and maybe more to follow. Again to bad it cost 6 or 7 nurses salary to get rid of him. This is just a small part of the real picture that the previous health minister created.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont know but for 600+k i think it was pretty damn good cookie. just sayin....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i have to disagree withyou on that statement, he is only one of. the biggest mistake is that pos stelmac, get rid of that pos. give him back to the farming co-op where he belongs. what a waste of human skin.

my wallet"s opinion

friggin goof.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
i have to disagree withyou on that statement, he is only one of. the biggest mistake is that pos stelmac, get rid of that pos. give him back to the farming co-op where he belongs. what a waste of human skin.

my wallet"s opinion

friggin goof.

Oh couldnt agree more about 'special Ed'...Kleins 'Shoot, Shovel, Shut-up' motto would come in very handy right about now...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm thinking we elect Bogger, he has a good platform and probably the best way to keep in power, keep the masses in beer. solve bigger problems with more beer, very few complaints, as we are all drunk and just make our own problems and could care less about provincial bs.
hell bogger for president.

friggin politicians

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:realmad: How many cookies does 680k buy?:rolleyes: Don't worry Albertians,:rant: rest assured your government will put another dumb a$$ useless, Overpaid {bonuses for doing your job WTF how about getting
fired... thrown out on your a$$ with nothing if you don't do the job you were hired for
!!} person.

Top Bottom