DS650 vs Raptor 660

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So with the gf getting into moto-x this year with her family I need to upgrade from my old 300 4x4. Would get a bike but my knee wouldn't last. I've been looking at the DS650 and raptor 660. What should I look out for when looking at the 650? Any common problems they have had? Or if you have ridden both maybe what you liked or what you didn't like between the 2. Any info is greatly appreciated

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
had a DS for almost 5 years. it was pretty well bulletproof. made to last (why its so damn heavy) worst thing that happen was the hi-temp light came on. but this was a problem on the older models. wasnt actually overheating, just a glinch.

only problem ive heard about on the raptors was the older ones had tranny problems.

if i was to play in mud or trails i would get the raptor forsho. its lighter and narrorer. if your gonna play in wide open areas or dunes the DS is the perfect weapon.

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my 660 new in 2004 and have never had any huge problems with it! The only complaint that I may have is that it is a bit of a wheelie machine when I get climbing the really steep chit! :eek:

Verti-Kyle

Reaction score
Yes there is truth to the tranny issues on the older Raptor 660's. Had an 03 and sure enough 2nd gear went. Engine was solid though and the suspension worked great.

Top Bottom