Dry long weekend

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck to all law enforcement for trying to enforce this! :p No drinking in campgrounds:eek: no fires after 11:00pm:nono: Is this province insane:rolleyes: Fines and jail time:confused: So they have No room in the jails for murderers,rapists, and worse, but because I like to have a :beer: or :beer::beer: I could go to jail:realmad: Sounds like a memorable longweekend coming up:rolleyes::rolleyes::drink4::

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
can't you have a good time without drinking?????????????????????????

Who are you to question the decisions of our trusted government, they only have the best interests of public majority in mind......

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now if that doesn't just bite. It's a weekend for rum and cokes I guess.

"no sirr,... there''s noo rumm in heeere" :d

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No drinking in campgrounds? WTF? Where is this being applied? I can see no fires if it is dry but no drinking...thats a bit steep. Glad I don't have to worry about that where I'm going.. :d:beer:

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Banff National Park is taking the lead from the province and banning alcohol in its campgrounds on summer long weekends.
Parks Canada staff say they've had too many complaints from campers about intoxicated people ruining their experience in the national park.
Wardens say ever since the provincial parks banned alcohol, people have been coming to Banff to drink and party at campgrounds.
Starting this May long weekend, campers will be greeted by wardens and RCMP.
They won't let anyone into campsites with alcohol.
If campers are caught with booze, fines range from a few hundred dollars, to a few thousand dollars with jail time.
Wardens say they want to prevent incidents before they happen.
"By the time the enforcement level gets involved it's too late, they're too drunk. We've got to deal with them at a higher level of enforcement. If we can get to them before that happens, if we can deal with them at a preventative level at first, and prevent the situation from escalating, then that's better for everyone," said Banff Park Warden Sharon Woods.
This is the first time Banff National Park has implemented a ban.
For more information on what campgrounds are impacted by the alcohol ban, click here.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
So you are not allowed to operate motorized recreational equipment inside the provincial/national parks.... now you can't drink....WTF DO THEY EXPECT YOU TO DO??????

I'm just gonna stay home and do both.......................

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can't you have a good time without drinking?????????????????????????

Who are you to question the decisions of our trusted government, they only have the best interests of public majority in mind......

:BSmeter::drink4:

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the only ones that are going to go stay in campgrounds where you can't drink, operate a OHV or have a campfire are the old bed chitters that have nothing better to do then spoil everyone elses fun...ughh don't wanna get started on old people on here again. My opinions are my opinions but seriously..that is taking it a little too far I think. Its painting everyone with the same brush..not everyone parties and gets out of hand...

Well i'm just glad I can drink, dirt bike and have campfires as much as I want this long weekend in Nordegg !! :d

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the only ones that are going to go stay in campgrounds where you can't drink, operate a OHV or have a campfire are the old bed chitters that have nothing better to do then spoil everyone elses fun...ughh don't wanna get started on old people on here again. My opinions are my opinions but seriously..that is taking it a little too far I think. Its painting everyone with the same brush..not everyone parties and gets out of hand...

Well i'm just glad I can drink, dirt bike and have campfires as much as I want this long weekend in Nordegg !! :d

Well not all old people are like that.
My Dad is 70 and drinks and quads,sits by the fire all night.:d

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well not all old people are like that.
My Dad is 70 and drinks and quads,sits by the fire all night.:d

Sorry, yes, I don't mean "all" old people, but i'm pretty sure it wasn't a bunch of 20-30 something year olds complaining about intoxicated campers. There are definitely some cool old farts out there but not enough of them!

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The dry weekend that they have been talking about today has only been in regards to campgrounds inside Banff National Park. Aside from that, and a handful of other provincial parks, I am not aware of any issues. The majority of campgrounds(especially private, non provincial campgrounds) aren't enforcing this. There was a website last year that listed all the campgrounds that were enforcing this rule.. I'll see if I can find it.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Sorry, yes, I don't mean "all" old people, but i'm pretty sure it wasn't a bunch of 20-30 something year olds complaining about intoxicated campers. There are definitely some cool old farts out there but not enough of them!

There are some pretty douchie 20-30 year olds out there.......same with 30-40 year olds and 40-50 year olds ect...ect...ect...

I've had ALL age-groups complain about me at one time or another.....:eek:

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are some pretty douchie 20-30 year olds out there.......same with 30-40 year olds and 40-50 year olds ect...ect...ect...

I've had ALL age-groups complain about me at one time or another.....:eek:

Haha Bog, who doesn't complain about you??

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the list of campgrounds to "avoid" due to alcohol bans...

A liquor ban will be in effect at the following provincial parks and recreation areas, commencing 12:00 noon on Thursday, May 20th until 6:00 pm on Monday, May 24th:

Aspen Beach Provincial Park
Cypress Hills Provincial Park
Dillberry Lake Provincial Park
Garner Lake Provincial Park
Ghost Reservoir Provincial Recreation Area
Jarvis Bay Provincial Park
Miquelon Lake Provincial Park
Pigeon Lake Provincial Park
Wabamun Lake Provincial Park
Whitney Lakes Provincial Park

Top Bottom