*&^%$#@! Drunk Drivers

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only way a repaired vehicle wouldn't show up in the system is if was repaired with out a police report. Body shops can't even order parts for repairs without one.
you can ask a body shop to order any parts and repair whatever you want without a police report....if you are not going thru insurance.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check the tailgate/cage for my thread ..."drunken douche bag".......now thats worth a RANT

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for those of you who dont go in there

Who drove his cement truck into a car filled with 2 adults and 3 children killing them all, has been found quilty on all 5 counts. In arguements He claimed he mistakinly drank from a bottle of vodka which He thought was water.

Concrete truck driver guilty of killing 5 people in Calgary crash
Last Updated: Thursday, May 7, 2009 | 4:58 PM MT Comments34Recommend27CBC News
Daniel Tschetter, seen in March, was convicted Thursday of five counts of criminal negligence causing death. (CBC)
A Calgary-area truck driver has been found guilty of manslaughter in the deaths of two adults and three children in a rear-end collision.

Daniel Tschetter, 51, was convicted Thursday afternoon of five counts of manslaughter and one count of obstruction of justice in the deadly December 2007 crash. Provincial court Judge Bruce Fraser stayed the five counts of criminal negligence, because that charge is similar to manslaughter.

During the trial, provincial court heard that Tschetter was speeding in his concrete-mixer truck, passing on the shoulder of Highway 2 and driving erratically before the crash.

Witnesses testified that they saw no brake lights when the truck plowed into the back of a car waiting at a red light at the intersection of 194th Avenue and Macleod Trail S.E., dragging it about 275 metres. The car ended up lodged under the bigger vehicle.

Kiarra Gautreau, 6, and Alexia Gautreau, 9, (above) and Zachary Morrison, 16 months, (below) died in the crash in December 2007. (CBC)
The occupants of the car — Chris Gautreau, 41; his daughters, Alexia, 9, and Kiarra, 6; Gautreau's fiancée, Melaina Hovdebo, 33; and her son, Zachary Morrison, 16 months — were killed.

Lee Morrison, Zachary's father, was crying and shaking as the judge described on Thursday the details of the collision. Fraser said the accused knew he was approaching city limits and an intersection and yet continued to drive the same reckless and dangerous manner.

The judge said he accepted evidence Tschetter could have been driving as fast as 120 km/h at the time of the crash in a vehicle 10 times the size, strength and weight of the average car.

Tschetter showed little emotion during the judge's decision, except for occasionally rubbing his eyes. His daughter sobbed in the courtroom when the manslaughter conviction was read out. There is no minimum sentence for manslaughter under the Criminal Code; sentences can range from probation to life in prison.

Driver testified he was distracted
Tschetter, who testified during the trial that he was a recovering alcoholic, said he was in a rush to wash out his truck that day after a cement delivery. He told the court he was distracted by checking on the vehicle's gauges and was frustrated because his water lines were freezing.

'People often say will it give you closure? No.'
—Lee Morrison, victim's fatherAfter the collision, Tschetter said he reached under his seat and took a drink of what he thought was water from a bottle, before realizing it was vodka.

He testified that he threw the bottle of vodka into the drum of his cement truck, because he didn't know what to do if people saw him with the container. Tschetter explained the vodka bottle was in the truck so he could offer drinks to staff at concrete suppliers to get to the front of long lineups.

Long sentencing hearing expected
Crown prosecutor Jonathan Hak said Thursday he expects the sentencing hearing, set for Aug. 5, to be lengthy, as many family members of the victims will want to give impact statements.

"People often say will it give you closure? No," Morrison told CBC News on Wednesday before the verdict. "I'm hoping that beautiful little face will somehow register with people that we lost our kids over a needless, senseless situation."

Herb Grieder, Zachary's uncle, quit his job to be at the courthouse for every proceeding before and during the judge-only trial.

"Emotionally and physically draining … but it was something I felt I had to do," he said.

Tschetter is free until his sentencing. Defence lawyer Balfour Der told the judge he intends on applying for a conditional sentence.

May GOD look after this family, and apply proper justice to this Murderer

Zipp

Reaction score
SERIOUSLY???? You got to be joking....why be so jugemental? I was on a rant here...venting. Things can allways be worse but they were NOT.Why focus on what could have happen. Why critisize. I posted this for input on damage cost opinions (guess I should have stated that in the beginning) and any other helpful info...thats all. If anyone else has the same opinion as PIPES you can PM me to discuss it. And yes, my wife did read your post.

Seems you put a great deal of importance in your posessions.

whopper809

Reaction score
you can ask a body shop to order any parts and repair whatever you want without a police report....if you are not going thru insurance.

I didn't think they could do that if the damage was obvious collision. It's like trying to hide a hit and run. I once needed to repair the rear doors of a fullsize van that our company had that I damaged myself, I backed into my own personnal trucks winch bumper destroyed the doors :doh: and no body shop I talked to would just fix this problem without police report file number and I was paying the bill myself.

I do know you can obviously buy new parts to restore a old vehicle though? I guess it's body shop preferance to make sure they're not helping someone hide a collision.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I have to have a damage sticker on the vehicle i am working on if the damage is over one thousand dollars.That is the law .It has to be reported to police if 1000.00 or more.And the cops will make periodic visits to see if there is any hit n run vehicles in the shop

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
May GOD look after this family, and apply proper justice to this Murderer

Unfortunately God IS looking after this family.....:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( and no justice to this douchebag will ever apply.

I am hoping someone will put him under a 1/4" steel plate and very very very very very very slowly drive a cement truck over the plate. This would only offer him a very slight glimpse of pain that he has caused other people.

Sparky777

Reaction score
it doesnt matter if he has valid insurance or not. policies wont cover if ur at fault and drunk (usually). thats why you have your own insurance cover it and your insurance company goes after him and garnishes his wages if he cant pay for it in full. hopefully your preimiums dont go up because someone else is retarded

If your drunk and in an accident your policy wont pay to repair your vehicle but they have to pay for the party that they hit.

Therefore, if he has valid insurance his insurance company HAS to pay for your damages. You may be best to report it to your insurance company and have them repair your vehicle and then have them go after this guys insurance.

grizzley1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i feel sorry for ya, work hard to pay for a nice truck and this is what happens. good to hear familly is ok. the poor punk thou will only lose his lic for a year. that is not enough for what has happened. good luck

Top Bottom