Driving >>> Edmonton to Portland Oregon???

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
This is the route we are thinking of taking next Friday (Sept 25).

Leaving 6am Fri driving straight through, hotel room Fri eve picking up a boat Sat morning then driving straight back. Maybe stop Sat eve for beers and a sleep.

Any comments on the route...don't want to do the I5 route due to border congestion.

SNAG_Program-0002.jpg

Thanks in advance (only 10 a day :() for comments.

Todd.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Wanna B-train me back a bayliner 2755????? Bwahahahahaha.

I'm thinking my road trip is gonna take me to Thunder bay...:(

This is the route we are thinking of taking next Friday (Sept 25).

Leaving 6am Fri driving straight through, hotel room Fri eve picking up a boat Sat morning then driving straight back. Maybe stop Sat eve for beers and a sleep.

Any comments on the route...don't want to do the I5 route due to border congestion.

View attachment 31177

Thanks in advance (only 10 a day :() for comments.

Todd.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'd have to steer clear of BC, Thunder Bay????? Pictures!!! :d:d:d

there are a couple we are looking into....not gonna post anymore pics until I know which one and confirm a deal...... every one I post pics of seems to get jinxed..... the original 2455 in winnipeg is not totally ruled out but the 2755 is 3 feet longer with the same 8.5' beam so wife is more interested in that style.....bank has confirmed I'm golden so it's just a matter of waiting for the mrs. to find one she can't live without....Thunder bay & Kenora seem to be the best areas west of TO to buy...... Taken out of water every winter (unlike west coast) most have trailers (unlike west coast) Fresh water boats, and prices are same if not lower than the west coast

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Either way sounds like a road-trip in your near future too, bring on the Redbull :d:d:d

QUOTE=Bogger;557569]there are a couple we are looking into....not gonna post anymore pics until I know which one and confirm a deal...... every one I post pics of seems to get jinxed..... the original 2455 in winnipeg is not totally ruled out but the 2755 is 3 feet longer with the same 8.5' beam so wife is more interested in that style.....bank has confirmed I'm golden so it's just a matter of waiting for the mrs. to find one she can't live without....Thunder bay & Kenora seem to be the best areas west of TO to buy...... Taken out of water every winter (unlike west coast) most have trailers (unlike west coast) Fresh water boats, and prices are same if not lower than the west coast[/QUOTE]

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would take 22 south of Calgary to Highway3, west to Creston, south through Kingsgate to Sandpoint. Kingsgate isn't very busy for border crossing either way. You can make good time on 22 and highway 3. No national park to go through.

My $0.02

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would take 22 south of Calgary to Highway3, west to Creston, south through Kingsgate to Sandpoint. Kingsgate isn't very busy for border crossing either way. You can make good time on 22 and highway 3. No national park to go through.

My $0.02

I would take this route, the wife i just did this route a couple of weeks ago to Spokane, It took has 11 hours to get to there pulling the fifthwheel. going through the border crossing was fast and the guys were friendly and a very scenic rotue

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guy up the road has an X1 that just sits out on the street all the time. Why don't you just come steal his. I'm sure some of his close neighbours would come out and help.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you planning to come back through BC? i thought you would have to pay the bc gimme tax, you may get it back, not 100% sure though.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
completed the route many times, but we go further down into Northern Ca.
when you get to Pasco ~ Kennewick be careful and pay attention to the road signs.
its very easy to get mixed up and heading the wrong way.
After 5 trips through the area. This past summer was our first time getting it right. heading South on 395 you run into highway 12 and it seams as if highway 395 ends. head west on highway 12 for a bit and take exit "12A" and you should be fine. You need to stay on 395 to get over the Columbia River. The rest of the trip is a cake walk and a very scenic route.
You should stop at the fruit stand just North of Pasco on the East side of the road its worth the stop !! Its better to stop on your way down to give you more time to enjoy the fresh fruit. Because we all know you can't bring it across into Canada.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also coming across the border at Kingsgate you will go through Bonners Ferry and then down into Sandpoint where you drive down center street (very small and windy road) stay in the left lane to head down highway 95 into Coeur d'Alene. If you stay in the right lane in Sandpoint you will head down highway 2 into Spokane. Both routes will get you down to Interstate 90. But staying on highway 95 is quicker and more scenic. Highway 2 takes you through downtown Spokane and eats up a lot of time with all the traffic lights. Done both routes and we prefer highway 95 Just my .02 cents..

Top Bottom