Driveshaft Bulletin!!!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, if polaris has frozen the availability of 2012 shafts, then it doesn't matter.

The older 900 shafts work too though, should be lots of used ones around. Can't believe people are having the replacement shafts break too. So much for a small run of shafts with insufficient bonding as everyone was lead to believe at first. Feel bad for the folks with so much cash tied up in a brand new machine that they can't take off the trail for fear of a chopper ride.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it would be okay, I read the '13 stub has some kind of anti corrosion inhibiter ingredient built into it for the reason that it wouldn't be in an oil bath. the 2012 shaft doesn't have it. poo has put all '12 and '13 shafts on backorder status so there will be no rush on people buying shafts to fix the problem themselves. you thinkin on changing out pigger's?

Yeah, thinking that's the way to go. Hit the 2012 shaft with corrosion inhibitor, douche it up with a mega dose of anti-seize and give 'er. I think in the long run this wil be the way to go, knowing how Boostalicious likes to spool the hair dryer and all. ;)

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, thinking that's the way to go. Hit the 2012 shaft with corrosion inhibitor, douche it up with a mega dose of anti-seize and give 'er. I think in the long run this wil be the way to go, knowing how Boostalicious likes to spool the hair dryer and all. ;)
I think that's the way to go, that girl has a toggle switch for a throttle...lol

machinehead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just words........

This design will be rectified, unfortunately it will take time.
End user suffers the consequences.
There has to be a board room full of people, somewhere, trying to figure out the next damage control inspired, course of action.
Reminds of that commercial, notify the designers, give to to the engineers, call in the nerds, make it handle 500 no 600 lbs of torque, give them 6 months, no 1 year extra warranty. :d

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Just words........

This design will be rectified, unfortunately it will take time.
End user suffers the consequences.
There has to be a board room full of people, somewhere, trying to figure out the next damage control inspired, course of action.
Reminds of that commercial, notify the designers, give to to the engineers, call in the nerds, make it handle 500 no 600 lbs of torque, give them 6 months, no 1 year extra warranty. :d

I wonder if Scott Ostroski would mind giving a few hundred guys a hand getting out of the backcountry......LOL

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris will take care of this you can be sure, it's unfortunate that so many failed to this point but it is how they respond that matters and you can be sure they are all over this. As an owner of a 2013 Pro I have no doubt that it will get solved and I will enjoy the season.

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well with a upcoming trip to Valemount Planned i can not say im excited more nervous then anything. Im actually really pissed off as well wondering why nothing is being done on this matter . Is Polaris just sitting back watching and listening about the troubles going on with there new equipment? Whats the deal hear maybe for 14 they should offer instead of a 20 buck jacket a free tow sled or heli voucher if not you mide as well kiss sled of the year good buy and watch once again brp climb to the top with the terrain dominatting XM 800 E-TEC. Sure looks flickable compaired to a pro being towed were it goes ! IMO Sure wish i ordered a XM instead

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone that blew a shaft send your hotel fuel and chopper bills to Polaris engineering department attention Scott. Maybe that will light a fire under someone's butt.

If this was the construction industry with a peice of new equipment there would be some serious back charges happening lol

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one got pulled off the hill this weekend at boulder, they stayed at the motel, ruined their three day trip he said... 20000 my ass

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Everyone that blew a shaft send your hotel fuel and chopper bills to Polaris engineering department attention Scott. Maybe that will light a fire under someone's butt.

If this was the construction industry with a peice of new equipment there would be some serious back charges happening lol

We did this in 08....lit a fire under BRP's butt......and I think its still burning.....at least it was last week....:beer:

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That guy is calm for the situation he is dealing with. I saw a guy blow a belt one time and he threw a fit that made Vietnam look like a tea party lol

Thegeneral

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
.......... biggest issue for me was getting the clutching and gearing dialed in, all on my own dime. by the time 'doo came up with something I had dropped well over a grand on gears, pins, ramps, springs, clutch tower braces, belts made for other models, auxillary intake, and rum to drown my sorrows. by the end of the season it was making bigger sleds look bad and I was stoked to pass on any info that would help others. no regrets

Too funny !! Change your wording from doo to poo, then delete pins, ramps and clutch tower braces and you could very well be talking about my first TWO seasons on my '06 900 RMK. It was a beast in the end, after much time and money. I, too, have no regrets.

Done fishing. Let's go sledding !!

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice the "Proudly Made in the USA" (not sure of what the exact saying was on the emblem) anymore. Question answered. What do you expect from an economy who out sources crap to China cause it's cheaper. This is the way Poo deals with it's new technology. This shouldn't be a surprise to any long time poo rider. They try to lead the industry in innovative designs and we follow....trusting they've done there testing. LMFAO!!!! My sympathies to all having issues...I went through 4 motors in my 09 Assault (which I got rid of for a 13 Pro) so I'm well aware of Poos durability issues with new technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flygti32

Reaction score

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and while your at it, tell em your lawyer will be contacting them shortly as well. Especially that poor bugger that has had his shaft replaced and broke it again!!!! There has to be some ground to stand on with legal action, consdering they know about a problem and have done nothing but replace faulty shafts, with fauly shafts.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and while your at it, tell em your lawyer will be contacting them shortly as well. Especially that poor bugger that has had his shaft replaced and broke it again!!!! There has to be some ground to stand on with legal action, consdering they know about a problem and have done nothing but replace faulty shafts, with fauly shafts.

Yes, and thats because like they said in the bulletin;

The bonded drive shaft used on MY13 600 and 800 PRO RMK snowmobiles passed rigorous field and lab testing prior to full production, and Polaris is committed to standing behind this product.

Top Bottom