drivers

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got back home from driving down to Lethbridge. Rogers Pass needs to be widened badly!!! It was not built for the volume of summer traffic and morons who take crazy chances to advance one car length. Seen this guy pulling a triple axel 5th wheel pass the guy in front on me and he nearly had a head on. This was about 40 km outside of Revi. Funny thing is that he arrived into Revi same time I did and I did not pass anyone. :confused:

On another note, they call Vancouver..... Hongcover but Calgary is not far behind. Dont think cowboys will be running that city in 20 years.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Ya it is crazy on that stretch of #1 .. I take my time do about 100 all the way. People seem to be in a hurray all the time. Then cause an accident. I try to go through early in the morning when the traffic is lighter
And there is some big potholes to watch out for to. ESP in the slow lanes

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those are not called potholes they are craters which seem to expand in the winter :)

Ya it is crazy on that stretch of #1 .. I take my time do about 100 all the way. People seem to be in a hurray all the time. Then cause an accident. I try to go through early in the morning when the traffic is lighter
And there is some big potholes to watch out for to. ESP in the slow lanes

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh Willy if they did that your life would become pretty dull down in Nelson. Why the hate? did a chick from Alberta turn you down for marriage at some point of your life LOL

they just need to close the avy gate and keep all the Albertans out . some of the worst drivers i have ever seen ...

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they just need to close the avy gate and keep all the Albertans out . some of the worst drivers i have ever seen ...

all the idiot drivers pulling idiot moves when was passing thought Vancouver on Sunday had BC plates. Alberta drivers, I don't think NOT. The point of this post is not to pit Alberta drivers against BC drivers, but rather to point out that there are idiot drivers all over.

Last edited:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An interesting bit of trivia I heard on the news a number of years ago...

Statistically, the most dangerous place in the world to drive is China. I know what you're thinking - it has nothing to do with race but with the road rules (or lack of) over there. Sendond to China was Canada. ...and in Canada, it was Alberta.

Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean that we're the world's worst drivers. I figure it's becuase we have the highest number of vehicles per capita this far North of the equator (ie. lots of vehicles and winter roads).

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and lots of chinese

Statistically, the most dangerous place in the world to drive is China. I know what you're thinking - it has nothing to do with race but with the road rules (or lack of) over there. Sendond to China was Canada. ...and in Canada, it was Alberta.

Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean that we're the world's worst drivers. I figure it's becuase we have the highest number of vehicles per capita this far North of the equator (ie. lots of vehicles and winter roads).

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
those are not called potholes they are craters which seem to expand in the winter :)

Ya that's true. And that explains why my trailer needed an alignment after last year. Good lord some of the holes

I had one idiot that was gonna pass me around a corner just before the slow lane ended and the snow shed started !

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are IDIOT drivers everywhere, I trucked for alota yrs and always preferred to do my driving in the bush "Oilfield", HATED any and ALL highway driving PERIOD no matter what province/city/town I was in!

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
I like the jackasses who speed up when you try to pass them, and when you can't pass them get all mad cause they feel your tailgating them and slam on their brakes. Like that's gonna keep me from getting closer. Then flip you the bird when you actually do pass them.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wonder what they based this off of. Claims? or accident reports? If insurance claims hell one of our hail storms would put us on top of the list alone.

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was through there on aug long, BRUTAL! have they heard of highway maint in BC? and traffic volume was just as bad, we stayed the extra night and good thing, someone in our group left @ 3 pm on the monday and took them 7.5 hrs to go from revy to banff.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all the idiot drivers pulling idiot moves when was passing thought Vancouver on Sunday had BC plates. Alberta drivers, I don't think NOT. The point of this post is not to pit Alberta drivers against BC drivers, but rather to point out that there are idiot drivers all over.

go figure, passing through Vancouver and almost everybody had BC plates? Things that make you go hmmmm.

"Alberta drivers, I don't think NOT" your going to have to explain that one to me, not sure what the heck you mean. "Alberta drivers, I don't think", that makes sense. "Alberta drivers, I don't think NOT" a double negative so it means you think so? "Alberta drivers, I think NOT" I guess that stands a chance but to obvious, you must have made a different meaning.

Last edited:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go figure, passing through Vancouver and almost everybody had BC plates? Things that make you go hmmmm.

"Alberta drivers, I don't think NOT" your going to have to explain that one to me, not sure what the heck you mean. "Alberta drivers, I don't think", that makes sense. "Alberta drivers, I don't think NOT" a double negative so it means you think so? "Alberta drivers, I think NOT" I guess that stands a chance but to obvious, you must have made a different meaning.

I meant, I think Not, Thanks for pointing that out. The point of my post was to state that there are idiot drivers where ever you go.

Top Bottom