Drift Innovation at Costco.ca

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I've actually been looking into these this morning...

apparently it is a lot easier to start stop than the go-pro...

the drift 170 is on e-bay for $159 as well.... the HD ones are out now and so they are proabbly trying to blow out the non-HD while they can still get something for them..

Might head over there at noon... I was gonna buy a Used Go-pro adveratised as mint for $100.... the extra $59 for new seems alright...

At the rate I break chit, I need a camera...

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I've actually been looking into these this morning...

apparently it is a lot easier to start stop than the go-pro...

the drift 170 is on e-bay for $159 as well.... the HD ones are out now and so they are proabbly trying to blow out the non-HD while they can still get something for them..

Might head over there at noon... I was gonna buy a Used Go-pro adveratised as mint for $100.... the extra $59 for new seems alright...

At the rate I break chit, I need a camera...

I'm on the same page as you with that Bogger - My film is for "me". I won't be making any professional videos anytime soon.
$159.00 seems good, plus my son will likely break it snowboarding.

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks Good, But would be nice if they had more pictures. However until it's tested I would definatly stick with the Go pro.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Looks Good, But would be nice if they had more pictures. However until it's tested I would definatly stick with the Go pro.

if you check out the geek gab section some folks have already provided reviews on the Drift.... go-pro gets awesome reviews with one downside...and it's a big one.

it is a pain in the azz to turn on and off when geared up....people have missed shots because they thought it was on and it wasn't ect...

I don't need HD or professional quality shots.... just the basic "this is just before I hit the rock" and "oh chit I shoulda installed a tether" type shots.

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll agree with the downfall on the Go pro. A buddy and I have sat for 5 minutes trying to figure out if it's on as well you never truly know as theres no playback.

Woot, 200 posts :D

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'll agree with the downfall on the Go pro. A buddy and I have sat for 5 minutes trying to figure out if it's on as well you never truly know as theres no playback.

Woot, 200 posts :D

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a big fan of simplicity and by all accounts the drift is easy to use.

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you,

I'd like to try one thats for sure as it certainly looks easier to use as well it has playback!

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stick to the v-holder myself.. got a lazer system so you can tell where you are looking.. and an easy slid on and off for recordeing.. plus beeps when its on and when your off. and when your recording and not recording. i have a go pro. and well woudnt go back to it.. too difficult to use. but dont get me wrong its about 300$ for the 1080p plus a 32g mini sd card

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I agree the Vholdr IS THE EASIEST CAMERA TO USE, WITH GLOVES ON. The video quality is excellent, you can select between SDor HD, and you can hear it beep easily when you slide it to record or to stop recording. Well worth the extra money compared to the Go-pro.

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stick to the v-holder myself.. got a lazer system so you can tell where you are looking.. and an easy slid on and off for recordeing.. plus beeps when its on and when your off. and when your recording and not recording. i have a go pro. and well woudnt go back to it.. too difficult to use. but dont get me wrong its about 300$ for the 1080p plus a 32g mini sd card

Where'd you buy that v-holder from Drew?

Last edited:

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know that much about cameras? The Drift and Go pro are both older models from the same company? The Vholder is one from a totally different company as well?

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Scroll up on this post , there is an advertisement for helmet cameras, they have both kinds. The VHOLDR is the tube like black one. More money but well worth it.
pointofviewcameras.ca from BC also sells them, that is where I bought mine from, buy an extra battery is you go on all day rides, good for 8 hours then.

Launch Helmet Cams

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a Drift Innovation camera I noticed that Coscto.ca has them listed. Good rpice at $159.99.

Found it at a better price? We'll beat it for Snow and Mud members :)

A lot of people love their GoPro cameras; myself I agree with the comments above that ease of use is super important and in that respect you can't beat the Drift and Contour (aka VHoldR) cameras (and maybe the new VIO POV.HD if they improve the range of the remote control)

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey all i just bought 2 of these on e-bay for $109.99 each +$33 for shipping just so you know!

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
found the auction on ebay as well

we could do a group buy and split the shipping costs will be the cheapest way in the end

who would be interested ?

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you check out the geek gab section some folks have already provided reviews on the Drift.... go-pro gets awesome reviews with one downside...and it's a big one.

it is a pain in the azz to turn on and off when geared up....people have missed shots because they thought it was on and it wasn't ect...

Dont find it that hard, put all your gear on and push the button before you put on your last glove, red light flashing means its running, if you cant look into a tunnel or chrome windshield (most tunnels are reflective to at least see the light flashing or most people have chrome windshields) or ask a buddy " is the light flashing? yes" good to go. Pretty foolproof and easy to use. Or maybe its just me.:d

Top Bottom