Doo Dealership Of The Year?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1) Ordered my clutch parts and stock gearing and chain, bring parts home...wrong countershaft sproket wrong roller pins...partsmans reason...thats all we had in stock..reordered
2) Order suspension shaft..give part number from BRP site and said to make sure not to order scissor as part # simmilar...go to pick up parts....scissor in a bag...reorder
3)Order MXZ motor mounts..to be in in one week...notified one week later that they won't be getting part in when checking on order
4) Wife taking daughter for checkup next to doo shop. Gave her limiter strap shafts I was using to stiffen rails on 162 extension. Got partsman on cell phone and told him to turn bolts 3 turns to make sure he has correct bolts...he says OK...wife comes home...guess what... wrong pitch thread

This is when I loose it and head to shop twisted...get manger to try turn bolt in..can't do it... told something must be wrong as his partsman standing in font of me turned it in 3 times in front of my wife. Partsman atament that he did...this woul be when the shaft and bolts got slammed on the counter and Mr. partsman was informed of the type of liar he was unless he could turn the bolt into the shaft. Partsman gets a bit snotty and he and his boss get my best impression of SICK which the back half of the store heard. No we're sorry or next time we'll give you a discount for making you drive 9 times to only get 3 orders. About now is when i threw the bolts at the partsman and told him and his boss the deep penetrating relashionship they can have(to bad this is a family site). Should not use last names but these 2 boneheads are both named Tony and the shining star of a dealership...Riverside:nono::nono::rant::rant::rant::mad::mad::realmad::realmad::realmad::rant::rant:

Now I need to go find my bottle of spiced rum

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy crap..not good buddy.
Wonder if they remember that the market is changing as the recession is upon the Alberta Market.

I promised Tony (the boss....probably be the one on top) that I would spread the word about his great sevice and I intend to keep my promise. The other Tony(one on the bottom) should have got canned on the spot. There are a lot of people that will never go back to Riverside because of their arrogant attitude, now I understand....can't believe they can stay in business. Gotta stop...getting the need for more spiced rum:rant::rant::nono:

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1) Ordered my clutch parts and stock gearing and chain, bring parts home...wrong countershaft sproket wrong roller pins...partsmans reason...thats all we had in stock..reordered
2) Order suspension shaft..give part number from BRP site and said to make sure not to order scissor as part # simmilar...go to pick up parts....scissor in a bag...reorder
3)Order MXZ motor mounts..to be in in one week...notified one week later that they won't be getting part in when checking on order
4) Wife taking daughter for checkup next to doo shop. Gave her limiter strap shafts I was using to stiffen rails on 162 extension. Got partsman on cell phone and told him to turn bolts 3 turns to make sure he has correct bolts...he says OK...wife comes home...guess what... wrong pitch thread

This is when I loose it and head to shop twisted...get manger to try turn bolt in..can't do it... told something must be wrong as his partsman standing in font of me turned it in 3 times in front of my wife. Partsman atament that he did...this woul be when the shaft and bolts got slammed on the counter and Mr. partsman was informed of the type of liar he was unless he could turn the bolt into the shaft. Partsman gets a bit snotty and he and his boss get my best impression of SICK which the back half of the store heard. No we're sorry or next time we'll give you a discount for making you drive 9 times to only get 3 orders. About now is when i threw the bolts at the partsman and told him and his boss the deep penetrating relashionship they can have(to bad this is a family site). Should not use last names but these 2 boneheads are both named Tony and the shining star of a dealership...Riverside:nono::nono::rant::rant::rant::mad::mad::realmad::realmad::realmad::rant::rant:

Now I need to go find my bottle of spiced rum
Umm maybe we need to find (dealer)service place`s. I am sure chunks in high river will work on ski doo`s.Maybe 3 hrs to happiness.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dude, suck's to be you. Hope you find another dealer you have better luck with.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Wow, snochuk.... I'd be feelin' the same way as you, but i think you probably controlled yourself better than i would have..... In this case i wouldn't have stood back with everyone and laughed as "imsick" was getting pummeled by a fat chick(i did pull her off him though) --- i think tony and tony would have been on the bottom with me pummeling them!

yamahacurtis

Reaction score
Guess what? The Yamha side sucks just as bad!!! Thats why I switched to Cat!! Gibbons marks there parts up higher than retail. Sevice is just as bad. It took 4 days to reprogam a doo key. It should take half an hour. If your that busy don't make false claims on when it will be ready. I buy all my oil and extra's at Grassland. Sevice is first class. If you ever need parts snowchuk, phone the order in and I will pick it up on my way by.

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
Funny Sno..... Well, not funny, but the whole reason I went to Yamaha was the doo dealership that I bought through. I had 15K in cash in my pocket to buy a new 800 off the showroom floor. My RT was in the hospital and I still had a month of riding left. I asked the owner what doo was going to do to compete with the Yamaha power and was it worth me buying now or just rent. His hands went up in the air and out came, "you want turbo power, go buy a f'n apex and boost it". He turned around and walked away..... I went and bought an apex and boosted it!!!!!!

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've posted many times on this board (raising my right arm) i will not shop at Riverside EVER again. Waste of my time. I use Martin Eq for all my sled parts, with no problems at all.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have my favorite parts places Ecko mairne great people i been dealing with
Marvin and his part guys for over 20 years.Martin eq.good knowledge staff.
p.s these people shoud pay me for this ha ha:rant:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well.....that really sucks to hear :(
I did alot of ice racing with them in the past, and snowpigging after hours from the old shop, also a few trips to Idaho with both sides of the company. And I always had great service. I have been told that it has been going down hill....I didn't think that it was this bad.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some folks wanted to know why I didn't go back to Riverside for my new sled so I thought I would revive this thread as it explains it all. Gibbons and Martin had great offers but a lot of the people I ride with know Don at Grassland and I'm from the area. He also gave me the best price by a substantial margin and he is a good guy. Met him several times on the hills and helped him pull his sled out last year.....strange but mine blew up for the last time about 5 miles from where his did. Going to pick up the sled today and give it a test run at the farm, looks like the big hills on the 20th with my brother and the Chrome Balogny team.:d

Top Bottom