Don't Know What To Do (Head mod & Elevations) PLEASE HELP

cfowler

Reaction score
I'm looking at applying the Exterminator Kit from Speedwerx to my '09 M1000. The Kit consists of ported cylinders, intake, complete exhaust, reeds, clutch kit, fuel programmer and a low elevation (0-5000) stealth head kit. Some of my riding will be well beyond 5000ft and I understand the 14.5:1 will require race fuel until the 5000ft+ is reached, which is something I want to avoid. I don't want to run race fuel and I don't want to be chaning out domes/heads once elevation changes, obviously. Staying with the stock head will be detrimental to low-end power so WHAT IS A GUY TO DO?

A 13:1 compression head kit is said to be a happy medium and can run at all elevations on premium pump fuel without worries and still benefit over the stock head which I believe runs around 11:1?

I'll be riding in the Golden/Revelstoke/Enderby/kelowna areas and I would really appreciate any input from you experienced riders out there. Starting elevations in Golden are around 2600ft +/- and ride elevations can be well above 5000 feet, right? What kind of elevations are we reaching when we get up there? I don't even know but I'm pretty sure I've been at 7000ft+ elevations in the past.

I spoke with a guy at RK Tek and he recommended their 13:1 head as well. Of course, he said his head will work far better than any other head. Would it run fine with the speedwerx kit? Just curious what my options are & what others are doing. I'd like to make as much power as possible while doing it safely and on pump fuel.

Thanks in advance for any help!

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would recommend you go with the speedwerx pipe set up and go with rktek porting and his head. This set up works great.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all his testing is with speedwerx stuff (rkt) i would take his word on it i have run his kits for the last 3 yrs and not one issue

Top Bottom