- Bell Mountain Motel, McBride
- Beaver Creek Cabins, McBride
- "Pipes" Charawich, Bonnyville
- DNG Developments, McBride
- Don's Speed Parts, Wainwright
- Eagle River Chrysler, Whitecourt
- The Farm Store, McBride
- Forever Printing & Signs, McBride
- Gallason Industrial Services (Fort Saskatchewan)
- Gigglin' Grizzly Neighborhood Pub, McBride
- Heartland Restaurant, McBride
- Robson Valley Home Hardware, McBride
- King Creek Golf & Winter Club, McBride
- McBride Husky
- BC Ministry of Tourism
- Mountain Haven Bed & Breakfast, McBride
- North Country Lodge, McBride
- Robson Valley Search & Rescue, McBride
- Royal LePage Real Estate/Irene Berndsen, McBride
- Sled Den, McBride
- Spindrift Power Sports, McBride
- Summit Controls, Grande Prairie
- Talisman Energy, Edson
- The J & D Traquair Family, McBride
- Trustco Construction, McBride

An updated list will be posted at all three mountain warmup cabins.

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In one way or another every business in that town benefits from snowmobile tourists during the winter.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
The story is that any money spent by snowmobilers in your town is you can easily say it is spent 7 times again within your community. Run that by town council.

mel.h

Reaction score
Hi Judy, already talked to Barry earlier about buying a membership at the Snowmobile Show in Edmonton, I will also donate to the cause then. I have been coming there for 6 years now with the same group & this Dec. will be the 3rd year for staying at your place & i can't say how much i look forward to coming for the 1st time every year. Matter of fact, I have been looking at my sled every week for the last month & crossing the days off of the calendar. McBride has been good to our group & I would like to return a little back. Great post Judy, thank you! P.S. Say hi to the old coot for us!:d

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Judy, Myself and my group will definatly stop by the booth and make a donation. We talked about this last year and ride Mcbride alot. Have you thought about yearly trail passes to get a purse together. I had a thought one day that if you had prepaid passes, for EX. I want to prepay for 10 day trail pass say 10% discount for doing so then you would punch or notch my card at gate each time. No need for cash at gate and I don't have to be bothered bringing cash. just my thoughts.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Judy, Myself and my group will definatly stop by the booth and make a donation. We talked about this last year and ride Mcbride alot. Have you thought about yearly trail passes to get a purse together. I had a thought one day that if you had prepaid passes, for EX. I want to prepay for 10 day trail pass say 10% discount for doing so then you would punch or notch my card at gate each time. No need for cash at gate and I don't have to be bothered bringing cash. just my thoughts.

I beleive that there are yearly trail passes available.

Powder hound

Reaction score
I know where my money goes when I'm in town and I think a couple of business that benefit big from sledders are the Husky and The Liquior Store they should do the anti up on a donation! I will be giving my donation to Barry at the show.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
I know where my money goes when I'm in town and I think a couple of business that benefit big from sledders are the Husky and The Liquior Store they should do the anti up on a donation! I will be giving my donation to Barry at the show.

Thanks Powderhound. Yes, many businesses in town benefit from snowmobilers. Not just liquor and fuel, but sled shops, hotels, restaurants, We don't see much from any of them. That's why I have decided to post the list of supporters.

Last edited:

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too bad you have to "beg" for funding from the very community that benefits from the sledding in your area. I hope the local council realizes the obvious value of keeping McBride's sledding areas open and maintained.

I will be looking to find out which businesses are supporting you, and that goes for Edmonton businesses too, and our group will shop accordingly.

Look forward to seeing you guys at the sled show.

Dean

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will purchase annual trail pass at sled show and make a donation.

Will only cost you a cookie, a homemade bun, eggs benny, pancakes...

Oh can't wait for sledding to begin!

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Bringing updated list to the top

The McBride Snowmobile Club would like to openly thank our rider friend from Grande Prairie for his very generous donation to our club. The funds will be used to help keep propane in the warmup cabins.

We aren't eligible for grant funds from the Columbia Basin Trust since we are just out of their jurisdiction. Other government funding has been cancelled this year and we now have to pay from our own coffers to do things like clearing parking lots, trail brushing, cabin heating & maintenance, etc. Pretty hard for a club with only about 8 active members and no cash. Barry made a presentation to our Town Council on Tuesday and we are hoping that they can help us out with at least some parking lot clearing. He got a favorable reaction from most of the council and they will be getting back to him soon.

Some local businesses are starting to step up as well:

Thanks so far to:

- Adrenaline Services
- At Home B & B (new) :thumbsup2:
- Beaver Creek Cabins
- "Pipes" Charawich (Bonnyville) :You_Rock:
- Heartland Restaurant
- King Creek Golf & Winter Club
- Ministry of Tourism
- Mountain Haven B & B
- North Country Lodge
- Royal LePage Real Estate/Irene Berndsen (new) :thumbsup2:
- Sled Den, McBride (new) :thumbsup2:
- Spindrift Power Sports
- Summit Controls, Grande Prairie (new) :thumbsup2:
- Talisman Energy (Edson) :thumbsup2:

An updated list will be posted at the Snowmobile Show Booth and of course we will be encouraging sledders to support the businesses that support the snowmobile club.

Last edited:

hughie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My guess is going to be it's an oilfield electrical/instrumentation shop, not sure but that would be my guess

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought my club membership last night and dropped off a donation from the shop for the club also last night.

the pigg

Reaction score
I find it hard to undersatnd that the local gas station doe's not contribute, as a lot of us have the abililty to bring in enough fuel for 5 or 6 days of riding and will go to an other place for our munchies from now on. Just saying it out loud.

Last edited:
Top Bottom