Does this rain mean another bad year?

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For avy's??

Looks like Golden, Fernie and Revvy are getting lots of rain! Provided there is already snow up top, this could form a pretty ugly crust if cold weather follows. Something like last years December rain crust and then frost.

What do you guys think? Looks like it's too warm to be accumulating snow =(

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know how the weather is going to affect the snow setup in B.C. but I am getting worried about the snow conditions from Edmonton South. It seems to be setting into a pattern of a few cold days then a few days of very warm chinook type weather. I believe they call this the pineapple express and usually that means lots of snow west of the Continental Divide and nothing but warm dry weather east of the divide. Currently we are having fire bans because of the dry weather, this makes me a little nervous about Southern Alberta's snow conditions for this season.

Billy Boy:cool:

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, nearly double digits here in Calgary during the days, however if you check out Golden and Fernie, very similar weather with lots of moisture! As in Rain!!

That rain should be snow this time of year. I don't know how it work for comparable snowfall, but I know about 30 cm of rain is a lot of snow! Problem is at 6-8 degrees I doubt that amounts to snow up top, and if it does, it's thick, heavily saturated snow which isn't great.

Lets cross our fingers. I'd like to see a safer year for avy's even though safety measures should always be first on the mind.

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe I am jumping the gun but I am starting to think that Southern/Central Alberta snow conditions this year are not going to be that good again:( I was watching the weather tonight and sure enough another storm is hitting the west cost and of course lots of snow will be dumped west of the continental divide but east nada. I have seen this type of winter season all to often before. The foothills from Rocky to Crowsnest could be seeing another snow drought; only about the fourth or fifth one in a row:mad:

Britt

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a very weird november weather wise, I never seen so may nights of fog in a row.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the "Silver Lining Around The Cloud Theory" about moisture 90 days after a fog. If it holds true we could see snow for the first 12 days of February. Mark it oh your calender and see if it works.

Billy Boy:cool:

Top Bottom