does reg. unleded + octane boost = supreme unleded

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
The supreme pump at my local station is down. is regular fuel with additive just as good in my wifes summit?????

Thanks,

Bogger:beer:

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah i used to have a summit and all i ran in it was reg fuel and sometime i got special fuel the old purple farm fuel never killed it so thats my 2 cents:d

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regular gas is 87 octane. Regular with 104 Octane Boost is 87.4 octane. Not worth it, in my opinion. Every point the booster is good for only adds 0.1 octane.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
So what I'm hearing is that I will not do any damage to the sled by using regular unleaded for a tank or two, until the supreme is available again...I have jerry cans but thats a pain in the a$$..

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what I'm hearing is that I will not do any damage to the sled by using regular unleaded for a tank or two, until the supreme is available again...I have jerry cans but thats a pain in the a$$..

I have never had a problem using reg

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah bogger u will be fine man i run my m 1000 last year on reg no problems i only run prem when i go to the hills ;);););)

Go Hard Or Go Home

Reaction score
There is octane out there that will increase up to 60 points, for every 10 points you will increase 1 octane #,I run it all the time, you never know what you get at the pumps. A lot of burned down engines are blamed on in proper jetting when it is from BAD FUEL.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
k well now I'm not quite sure..because it is the 670X HO..I managed to run 40Km tonight on what was left in it and hopefully the supreme pump will be running by sunday I gotta spend fri & sat in Flamerville so...As for the cats I know I saw the poll and now only run reg in the mountain cat..but the brother inlaw insists only premium in the summit.

Thanks all

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
k well now I'm not quite sure..because it is the 670X HO..I managed to run 40Km tonight on what was left in it and hopefully the supreme pump will be running by sunday I gotta spend fri & sat in Flamerville so...As for the cats I know I saw the poll and now only run reg in the mountain cat..but the brother inlaw insists only premium in the summit.

Thanks all

I put a few tanks of regular through my 670HO but only when premium was not available. Did not have any trouble.

rmktime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
run reg all the time with octain booster and half cup atf to glaze it runs awsume never had a problem yet:nono:i shouldnt have said that now im jinxed :eek:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The supreme pump at my local station is down. is regular fuel with additive just as good in my wifes summit?????

Thanks,

Bogger:beer:

What elevation? Octane requirements go down as you go up in elevation so if its the HO but you are running it up high I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you are lower elevation, you could dump a few bottles of octane booster in if you really are worried.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That X motor has about 150 lbs compression at lower elevs....will need premium if you ride below (guessing) 4000 feet. Run out to the local airport and get a couple of cans of LL100 (Av gas) and mix it 50/50 with regular....you'll be good anywhere. I bought AV gas last week and it was cheaper than premium. As mentioned earlier, a can of octane boost is a total waste of $$$. It is mostly made up of Xylene, Toluene, and a little ATF to make it less dry. I used to have access to lots of Xylene and we determined that it would take over a gallon of Xylene into 10 gallons of fuel to show any appreciable octane increase.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i run prem. in my 05 and 07, 08 freestyle just don't want to have any fuel problems...my 2 cents....

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should run premium when possible, but a few tanks of regular once in a while will not hurt them
Don't get to hung up on what the pump says, You are better to run regular that premium from a service atation that does not sell a lot of premium and you get old fuel with a little extra water. In saying that, I would not run regular all the time, but once in a while does not hurt

KH2110

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 05 summit 600HO and 06 summit 600sdiHO call for reg unleaded.........our 2 07 550 freestyles call for reg as well......85 octane in them

my 07 XRS and 09 XP call for premium..... I buy 93 octane for them

Top Bottom