Does more $$$ mean better?

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have tried it all except modular helmets. Yes yes I know laugh all you want.

Typically I think the main sledder one is the skidoo one but I have heard mixed reviews on them.

Anyone ever try the Shoei modular helmets with the pinlock inserts?

What about that new 509 modular helmet out? First year out I doubt I would give it a go, but maybe I guess

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't get the HJC IS Max, it's pretty weak for a $300 helmet. CKX looks pretty nice.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
My daughter rides with a modular helmet and loves that thing!!! I bought a new helmet this year. It's the new lightweight HJC one I've worn it about 5 times now and finally gotten the foam broken down so it's starting to mold to my head and let me tell you this thing is a thing of beauty!!!

I did spend a pretty penny on that helmet but I hope with it being so light weight it will be easier on my neck and reduce the migraines I get sometimes after riding.

Jan

Last edited:

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beach Corner-Just follow the tracks from the liquo
Hey guys, a trick I've used for many moons to get a new helmet to fit If their actually hurting your head is get the foam part thats bugging you wet, then compress just enough to fit your face better and let it dry. Works best with those annoying cheek pads. I take them out, wet them, put weight on them and let them dry with the weight on them. Fit snug still, just don't hurt you like an overly tight pair of boots! Snug is best. too snug hurts.

Top Bottom