Does anybody own a stand up jet ski?

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a stand up jet ski, 1991 js 440 kawasaki... And i have questions about itany out there that have stand up jet skis???

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
need help with this bad boy, a 1991 js 440...

Im putting it on a stand to get it running... Doing a carb rebuild adjustement, throttle cable ect... Anyways my 3 main concerns are how to refurbish the body??? How to install the hydro turf??? and should i install a bilge pump???

Attachments

• keegs 013 (2).jpg
    keegs 013 (2).jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 280
  • keegs 014 (2).jpg
    keegs 014 (2).jpg
    62 KB · Views: 268
  • keegs 016 (1).jpg
    keegs 016 (1).jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 270

boots'bunny

Reaction score
dude i would change the outside the monster sticker i bet adds 10 ponys too it.... but if you have too sand and touch up the fibre glass and then paint... as for the rest of the stuff not sure...

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dude i would change the outside the monster sticker i bet adds 10 ponys too it.... but if you have too sand and touch up the fibre glass and then paint... as for the rest of the stuff not sure...

i knw lol... would u sand it down to the original paint? and repaint over or would u apply gel coat??? planning on having it gloss black with a white bottom and green pole? How does tht sound?
Give me ideas for a sweet paint job!! no pin stripes or stuff like tht!

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i knw lol... would u sand it down to the original paint? and repaint over or would u apply gel coat??? planning on having it gloss black with a white bottom and green pole? How does tht sound?
Give me ideas for a sweet paint job!! no pin stripes or stuff like tht!

well it would be better to sand to the original paint but if the other coats are ok you dont have too... as for colors what ever floats your boat.... make it your own

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use to have 3 550 sx back in the day the hydo turf is easy u take the old stuff off and scrape the silicon off and lay the new mat in an the bilge pump i had it with a float and it would come on auto or i had a switch on the handlebars i still have a few parts kicking around for that jetski i will gather them all up and i will give them to u when i go to crane lake this summer :d

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use to have 3 550 sx back in the day the hydo turf is easy u take the old stuff off and scrape the silicon off and lay the new mat in an the bilge pump i had it with a float and it would come on auto or i had a switch on the handlebars i still have a few parts kicking around for that jetski i will gather them all up and i will give them to u when i go to crane lake this summer :d

U also go to crane lake? sweet i love tht place(been going there since i was born)... do u still ride?? Man this is sweet...:p

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well it would be better to sand to the original paint but if the other coats are ok you dont have too... as for colors what ever floats your boat.... make it your own

Im thinking on sanding it down to the paint like u said and build up a couple of layers with marine epoxy based primer and sand it smooth and apply the marrine paint and sealer hoping it works just as good as gel coat!!!

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im thinking on sanding it down to the paint like u said and build up a couple of layers with marine epoxy based primer and sand it smooth and apply the marrine paint and sealer hoping it works just as good as gel coat!!!

Give a shop a call dealer or body shop they may have a good Idea too I would do like you said sand her down and then put some paint on it and good to go

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If ever i do get a paint job i was thinking either the hull being gloss black with a white bottom, green pole...

Or a nice blue hull and white bottom with a black pole...

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds sweet man... Hey i just checked out the ski... It looks like under my mag case like a bilge pump, could it be that it came with it stock, the line runs into the exhaust. But i didn't see an wires coming out of it? So idk ill look into it... Ill get more pictures as i work on my baby :p...

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no i dont ride anymore but i just have a real expensive jet ski now hahahha

Attachments

• jet%20boat%202%20003.jpg
    jet%20boat%202%20003.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 214

Bump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at the way the paint is peeling, the last couple coats of paint were not put on correctly. Anything put on top of that will come off too. You have no choice other than to sand it down to the origional jel coat and then painting it.

If you have any questions on it, I can def help you out. I have and have had a number of kawasaki standup jetskis, as well as have built a couple custom ones.
I currently have:
76 440 all origional
P1010119.jpg

78 440 (hull that is being turned into a beer fridge)
P1010132.jpg

89 Wave Jammer
Jammer1.jpg

89 650 (RIP)
90 650 freestyle mod
650SX-F2.jpg

650SX-F1.jpg

P1010225.jpg

I dont frequent this forum as much as others. Best way to get ahold of me is either at backcountryrebels.com or PM me here.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahahaa that real expensive jet ski is gonna get blown outta the water at crane this year.

hahaha everyone is always trying to race me well better do it this year because i have a new engine in the works at promax to drop in for next year:eek:

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a kit that u buy that hooks in to your water hoses with a garden hoses end and i think i seen one in that pile of stuff in my tool box

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just scuff the paint down and put this decal kit on from ebay $150 :d

Attachments

• black1.jpg
    black1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 153
Top Bottom