Dodge Smarty Tuner help

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2007 Dodge 6.7 6 speed manual,

Truck has been running with the EGR and DPF delete for 1 1/2 years, recently the Catylist flag popped up requires servicing ??

Was told to disconnect the batteries for 10 to 15 minutes, check the tuner for updates and load into the truck...

Done......

Now I have 5 DTC codes, telling me I have multiple sensor failures, the o2 and the EGR...

I cant seem to find any instructions in the manual or online on how to bypass these....

Going through the programing steps, I'm still set on the SW2 = Towing mode and power on demand = 99

Left this to the last minute, didn't think it would be a big deal, Was supposed to be leaving.....

Help.....

Groves

Reaction score
You will be able to drive your truck with catylist service on and try clear the codes on your tuner

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will be able to drive your truck with catylist service on and try clear the codes on your tuner

I had been driving with the catylist service on, and I have cleared the codes, they pop right back....just not sure if I should drive it with the 5 codes all relating to the EGR and DPF...which are gone...

I'm thinking it shouldn't hurt anything, but was hoping to get a clear answer vs my guess....

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I had been driving with the catylist service on, and I have cleared the codes, they pop right back....just not sure if I should drive it with the 5 codes all relating to the EGR and DPF...which are gone...

I'm thinking it shouldn't hurt anything, but was hoping to get a clear answer vs my guess....

seen46

Reaction score
did you update your smarty with the files available on the smarty website? if you did i think the only files available on there now are the emission legal sofware ONLY.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your update most likely lost the ME tunes which allowed for emission delete. I was told a couple years ago not to update them for this reason. I did however get in touch with the right person who emailed me the new updates still allowing emission fleets. I do have them on computer still at work. As for the catalyst message, just plug in the smarty and re program the truck. Turns it back off.

Cummins610

Reaction score
Yeah the updates you got offline are for emissions intact. You need the files for emissions removed, I have older delete files but I don't think they will work now that you updated. If you're in a bind and near Edmonton I can write you basic delete tune using efilive, then gives you time to sort the right file for the smarty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did update from the website, I ran the truck today with the five codes, it doesn't appear to be affecting it at all, all codes are for the missing sensors....

I'll just keep checking it now and then to make sure a new code doesn't pop up, until I can get the right file ......

The only good thing is the catalyst flag is gone....lol

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow this has been a cluster F$*k overall, some tried to help...thanks Slededjr...

This all started with the installing vender, telling me to go to the manufactures web site and download the current file to get the latest updates, seemed like good advice...

The file sledejr had was older then the one I downloaded off the manufactures site, so it wouldn't work, then his guy from the US won't return my calls or e-mails...

The vender that installed it called me back, indicated they've never ran into this....but I should contact the manufacture....

The manufacture indicated that due to the current EPA rules, they can no longer supply or support the product I have, but I should contact the vender that installed it, as they should be able to help me....

Don't you love circle jerk's....

Spent a couple nights with "The Goggle" and came across a Cummins forum, had to read through a bunch till I found a guy that claimed to have the file I needed....

Didn't like the idea of downloading a file from a forum I'm not on, from someone I don't know and a source I don't really trust....

The first two didn't work, but three time's the charm...

So far I've only put on about 50 km of driving not loaded, will see how it handles a load this weekend...

But it appears to be working and no more check engine light with 5 DTC codes...

I now have a obsolete product, with no support from the vender or the manufacture....

Top Bottom